• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen GMT ceramic bezel on the bay

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
I know I'm being picky, but it'd be nice if there was a chs version of this one. (they all arent timebombs, just ask sneed12) The reason I say this is after a relume the hands are such a bitch to get back on the ichs. just saying.... I'm sorely tempted to try this gen bezel setup on the BP. Looking really sharp!

Where did you send the hands for a relume, mate?

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
I know I'm being picky, but it'd be nice if there was a chs version of this one. (they all arent timebombs, just ask sneed12) The reason I say this is after a relume the hands are such a bitch to get back on the ichs. just saying.... I'm sorely tempted to try this gen bezel setup on the BP. Looking really sharp!

so true.
this was the biggest challenge in my build: multiple hand sets all the time trying not to molest the hands with marks and goo.
imo, in the end, the handstack is an overrated "flaw", ordinary people (ie: the rest of the world) has no idea and spotting this on the wrist is virtually impossible.

Federik

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/12
Pilworx you're so 'kind enough to put describes a tutorial on how to install the bezel with insert, so' to avoid damage to those who mounts? thank you!

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
Pilworx you're so 'kind enough to put describes a tutorial on how to install the bezel with insert, so' to avoid damage to those who mounts? thank you!

Send it to him with the gen bezel wrap in a fifty dollar note…

Federik

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/12
Send it to him with the gen bezel wrap in a fifty dollar note…

eheheheh is true, and the dial of a hundred ... jokes aside and what 'the right procedure to do no harm?

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
He sent me this…

pilworx said:
you need to put a very stiff sharp thin knife under the bezel and lift up with a lot of force. do not try to pry it up or you will leave serious marks on the case. i have a bezel removal tool which has four blades that go under four points and then allow you to apply equal force at four "corners" to lift it off but the knife method will work too.

you are going to need a press to put the new bezel on. you can't just push it on with your fingers. needs to pressed evenly all around with quite a bit of even steady controlled force.

good luck.

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
I think the key word is 'lift' and not wedge it (if my english is correct that is…). I also put tape around the watch case to avoid accidental scratches.

Good luck!!

*edited to inspire…*

zu9anuma.jpg