• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finally, my long awaited watch has arrived!!

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
I've been contemplating getting one of these for a while.. I had a hard time tracking it down to say the least. I had been in contact with Tourneau for several months, finally it paid off. With all the talk of the Ploprof, I knew how much this even more elusive watch would mean to RWG/RWI members. So I set about hunting it down. Layed down the cash, and now here it is.

Are you ready to have a look?

IMG_4067.jpg

Inside the bag?

IMG_4068.jpg

Lets get that puppy out!

IMG_4073.jpg

Unpacking more. Good times!

IMG_4074.jpg

Nice box. Getting excited...

IMG_4075.jpg

Oh man, the suspense is killing me, its FINALLY about to happen!

IMG_4076.jpg

BOOOYAAAAH!!!!

IMG_4078.jpg

I present...

Omega Plofrrrf

IMG_4050.jpg

Wow. What a piece! Something I would never expect to see in my watchbox. Isn't it magnificent? The dial and print was done truly well if Omega was going for the aged look. Bit of a fun fact: A lot of these left the Omega factory with the dials slightly askew, and it is being said amongst WIS that they will become true collectors pieces.

The time is easy to read, and it is nice having all the information I need just like that, with a glance at the wrist. GMT subhand at 9, and date window at 3.

IMG_4051.jpg

Some people say you can always tell a gen by the color of the gold. Gen Rolex, Omega, etc. gold is special. A special ceramic polymer gold blend was created for the Plofrrrf in order to create a comfortable strap for demanding tool watch such as this. The advanced material is called Cerubber.

IMG_4052.jpg

Great attention to detail again, the strap having some ridges along the outer edge to keep the watch in place during extreme adventure, while also being smooth enough to avoid discomfort.
IMG_4053.jpg

People always complain about the poor replication of Omegas logo, aka happy feet. Here is proof that even Gens arent always perfect. Its these nuances thought, that add a touch of character to the watch.
IMG_4055.jpg

The plofrrf bezel button is not like the Ploprof. This button now controls the date mechanism of the Caliber LY022 movement. By pressing the button, the watch displays the date, or that could be the dive time, or whatever your imagination wants it to be. This is innovative shit.

IMG_4056.jpg

The case and bezel are made of another advanced material, called cerplastic.

Solid one piece cerplastic nondirectional bezel
IMG_4057.jpg

The rehaut is protected by the cerplastic bezel, but once the bezel is removed, you can see it is very nice. A work of true hand craftsmanship.

IMG_4058.jpg

Plexi crystal. Good to see Omega going back to their roots for such a prestigious release of a classic dive piece.

IMG_4059.jpg

The Caliber LY022 movement is a compact design capable of displaying the time in AM or PM, and the date. The watchmakers at Omega must reach a score of at least 32 jewels in bejeweled game demo during the manufacture of the movement in order for it to pass quality control. It keeps perfect time.

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

Wristy

IMG_4065.jpg

Brought to you by P4GTR!
IMG_4062.jpg

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
for 1 second only for 1 second i was like WTF!!!! THEN I GOT IT LOL

mr_clark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/10
Hahahaha.

Thats awesome.

At first I was thinking "Is this guy on crack?"

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
The only thing I'd do is have the crystal AR'd. How a bout a lume shot?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
You know, P4GTR, that is a pretty nice Omega Plofrrrf. And I hope you got a good deal on it. The engraving looks really good, although, if I'm being honest, the color isn't me (but I can totally see why they made it like that for diving).

Still, it's not quite as good as the Special Limited Edition Seamaster reissue they came out with earlier this year. A lot of people think that Omega's movie tie-in campaign began with James Bond. In actuality, Omega's movie history goes back much, much further. The late fifties, to be precise. Which is why I was so interested to see this reissue from Omega's very first movie tie-in, the Jail House Rock Dream Sequence Special Limited Edition:

wristelvischrist.jpg

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
whoa....I thought at first that TTK rose from >>>

His grave and started shipping watches again!!!

AXO

30/6/09
That almost as funny as this:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKnQ3qTp7TM&feature=PlayList&p=2C2216FD1B731EF9&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=30"]YouTube- fat girl fails at pole dancing[/nomedia]

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
You are a clever watch addict! :rofl:

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
whoa....I thought at first that TTK rose from >>>
His grave and started shipping watches again!!!

Neil wishes he could get his hands on something like this.