• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

lessen learned! ALWAYS look at the pics in a sales thread!

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
haha I always check the photos to see if watch runs for this exact reason. Some people are just scum.

jhericurls

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/13
haha I always check the photos to see if watch runs for this exact reason. Some people are just scum.

Pictures don't show if the watch has a problems with the movement.

Seller is a scammer and should be exposed so other don't fall foul.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
There is just no way to avoid these assholes anymore except to not buy from others. It sucks but you can't trust anyone.

fpharryc

Known Member
11/4/12
I stopped purchasing after many disappointments. I only purchase from dealers these days. There is always some problems with used reps. No exception in my experience. You never know seller's side story.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
I want to clarify if some folks here are wondering why I think the watch was not running in his pictures ,since obviously it is a "snap shot" after all! the watch had the running seconds (chronograph) hand pointing at "60" in both of his shots when the hand should of advanced some as the watch or the camera moved for the next shot , ironically that's where the watch will stop on the wrist , coincidence ? I think not!

heres the pics

cwazy1

29/2/12
Pictures don't show if the watch has a problems with the movement.

Seller is a scammer and should be exposed so other don't fall foul.

look at watchguys photos. When people take photos of watches, they almost always have it running. If you see a watch that is not hacked and shows the same seconds position in multiple pics, then you might have a dud. Or you might have someone who waits exactly 60s between pics. The former is more probable than the latter.

so yes, you can see if there is a faulty movement in pics.

wolfwood

4/2/11
He won't even split a $75 repair bill?! Man, I hate guys like that. What a scum!!!

I see that he's already been banned from selling over at RWG.

Bosox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/11
This guy may be scum but I'm not convinced a picture will tell me anything. The minute hand can be moved to a new position and in my experience with broken watches, I can get the second hand to move a few ticks just by banging the watch a few times. My one experience with a M2M sale resulted in not only a non-working watch but also a broken bracelet. When I questioned the seller, he claimed it worked when he sent it. Maybe yes, maybe no. It was a cheap quartz and he lives in Sweden and I live in the States, so I chalked it up to a lesson learned, but I still peruse the M2M sales, so I guess I am still susceptable to being stung again

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Pictures do tell a story despite what ppl that don't take time to notice things may say..... you've got to pay attention to these and for any member that thinks they're completely safe buying from dealers and choose not to request QC's and look at them are looking to get shafted,,,,, look I used to not be a fan of QC's but now after a couple of years in thisgame,,, lol I'm QC'ing anything that doesn't come from Sead!

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
That is sad that we have member like that. Thanks for sharing.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
This shit is nothing new especially on rep forums where the chance of getting a bad watch is greater then gen forums.

A guy buys a watch, its broke, the movement doesn't work quite right, or something is just off with it like a stripped screw or whatever. That guy will post the watch up as mint and discount it a bit to make it appear as if its a deal. When it reality what he really wants to do is recoup his loss on the buyers dime.

I have sold so many watches I can't even remember them all (remember we didn't always have a buyer watch review to show how many sales we've completed) and have never once had a problem with a watch sold, delivered, or working.

Your either honest or not and unfortunately we are at a high with dishonest people trying to take advantage of others.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Rep Geek no doubt

well I got screwed on a deal over at another forum , and really it was my fault LOL , the pics shown all had the small running seconds hand in the exact same position pointing at 60 , I didnt catch it and when the watch arrived it will run a few minutes and stops at "60" , I pmed the seller and he ignores me, after 10 years in this hobby this is the first time I got scammed , still lucky I guess
the buyer has a disclaimer :

"if it arrives and something goes awry, im not responsible. e,g, im sorry if it drops in the toilet bowl but shit happens.

so I have no recourse say the mods

But believe me I will check the pictures 10 times before I pull a trigger LOL

so obviously this seller thinks he can sell a broken watch and get away with it ,by using a disclaimer like that?

oh well , I guess not everyone has customer service ethics like I do LOL

so to everyone I say " CHECK THOSE PICS"!

and yes I should have known better and always buy the seller before the watch, but this forum has NO FEEDBACK SYSTEM! my bad x 2!!

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
I hate these stories, I have had my share of these types of let downs. I bought a watch from etsy and it arrived broke. The seller absolutely refused to help in anyway and he accused me of trying to scam him. It worked out in the end but it took about 2-3 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
Might be a simple fix. The metal tab that is connected to the running seconds hand wheel (which advances the minutes counter when it comes around) may be bent out a bit too far, or maybe just a bit of oil on the tab would help. You might even be able to do this without removing the chrono bridge (which is difficult to replace, but is doable by mortals.)

Or it could be the transfer gearing which moves the minutes to the nine position is slightly fouled and needs cleaning. You'd have to remove the dial and hands if this is the problem.