• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Liquid Metal Reference Info

tony8028

30/11/12
Am considering pulling the trigger on a 42MM Liquid Metal Noob edition...is everyone pretty happy with these watches? Looking at the threads there was an initial excitement for these which has seemed to have dropped off a little....with very few if any offered for sale (maybe thats because people cant part with them!). In this price range (circa 290 with asian movement) there is a huge choice of reps, so i am a bit torn at the moment!

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
I'm pretty new here, having only purchased a few Rep's, but the LMPO was my very first purchase. I'll tell you, you will not be disappointed. It's really an awesome rep!

Sent from my HTC DROID

doubleohseven

8/11/12
I'm pretty new here, having only purchased a few Rep's, but the LMPO was my very first purchase. I'll tell you, you will not be disappointed. It's really an awesome rep!

Sent from my HTC DROID

Please post a pic of your LMPO?

tony8028

30/11/12

Sent from my HTC DROID

Thats encouraging to hear :)

Did you go for the swiss movement or the asian?

How is the power reserve? I am also a newbie (have only owned a few reps) and the issue I have with all of them is that they are dead in the morning and need to be reset - this may be the case with the gen also, not sure.

Only gen I have owned was a omega quartz SMP.

doubleohseven

8/11/12
im waiting for tracking info on this one

t81zdw.jpg

tony8028

30/11/12
What are the "faults" on yours?
Does the omega logo align straight?

More than these issues, i keep an eye on the pearls which to my eye seem to have the most variants and are the dead give-away of a rep. I can even live with the happy feet rather than a pearl that is simply a white plastic blob (as was the cheap $140 planet rep I bought and sold).

doubleohseven

8/11/12
Nice. Did you go for Asian or Swiss?

An extra $150 or so for Swiss is a lot in comparison to the price of the watch...finding it hard to justify going down that route.

I went for the Asian..
I have a swiss CRPO, and that one has less energy reserve than my asian V5PO and those are equal when it comes to my timegrapher results. Unfortunately my V5PO crown broke down, so it has not been used for a while. And the CrPO black bezel is fading too fast :S , im actually looking for a orange bezel to replace the black.

I hope im more lucky with this lmpo, and I hope the crown is robust! Any issues with the lmpo crown yet?

If only my TD can reply on my email soon. Ive paid for the lmpo, and waiting for the damn tracking number:)

swisscheese2002

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/13
Sorry for the noob question.
But may I know what do you mean by pearl???
I have been researching alot as i am interested in getting a seamaster rep.
However, people have been talking alot about pearl which I do not have any idea.

Is it also possible for a rep to be waterproof?
I saw in asian7750 that this watch is waterproof for 30m?
But i remembering reading in many TD FAQ that their watches are not waterproof?

Thanks in advance!

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Pearl is the "pip" at 12 on the bezel

No rep is waterproof unless it's done aftermarket.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm waiting for one of our TD's to list them. :spank:

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Pearl is the "pip" at 12 on the bezel

No rep is waterproof unless it's done aftermarket.

Here I must disagree. I have a stock ulysse nardin Maxi Marine that I've gone diving with and no problems. Angus at puretime pressure tests to 20m which is more than enough "waterproofing" for the everyday stuff like showering and swimming in a pool.

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
I went for the Asian..
I have a swiss CRPO, and that one has less energy reserve than my asian V5PO and those are equal when it comes to my timegrapher results. Unfortunately my V5PO crown broke down, so it has not been used for a while. And the CrPO black bezel is fading too fast :S , im actually looking for a orange bezel to replace the black.

I hope im more lucky with this lmpo, and I hope the crown is robust! Any issues with the lmpo crown yet?

If only my TD can reply on my email soon. Ive paid for the lmpo, and waiting for the damn tracking number:)
CrPO comes from BP factory, and BP factory has shitty Swiss movements.
LMPO comes from Noob factory, both their Asian and Swiss are better.
Asian should be Seagull ST2130, and Swiss should be new Swiss ETA or Sellita, all nice movements.

But I don't think even Noob makes that perfect watches, that you need a Swiss movement, Seagull is more than enough.