• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

lessen learned! ALWAYS look at the pics in a sales thread!

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
well I got screwed on a deal over at another forum , and really it was my fault LOL , the pics shown all had the small running seconds hand in the exact same position pointing at 60 , I didnt catch it and when the watch arrived it will run a few minutes and stops at "60" , I pmed the seller and he ignores me, after 10 years in this hobby this is the first time I got scammed , still lucky I guess
the buyer has a disclaimer :

"if it arrives and something goes awry, im not responsible. e,g, im sorry if it drops in the toilet bowl but shit happens.

so I have no recourse say the mods

But believe me I will check the pictures 10 times before I pull a trigger LOL

so obviously this seller thinks he can sell a broken watch and get away with it ,by using a disclaimer like that?

oh well , I guess not everyone has customer service ethics like I do LOL

so to everyone I say " CHECK THOSE PICS"!

and yes I should have known better and always buy the seller before the watch, but this forum has NO FEEDBACK SYSTEM! my bad x 2!!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
This happened to me once. It sucks.

Sorry buddy.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Some sellers are not only bad as sellers but bad as people... This is clearly not ethical...

Leave a negative feedback so as next possible victims are aware of what is going to happen to them!

This sure sucks big time...

mattyd

I'm Pretty Popular
30/12/09
So, that's what its come to?We have to be Sherlock Holmes with a forensics team to not get scammed on the forums? This is not your fault, Watchguy -- the guy clearly misrepresented the watch and then hid behind some lawyers rendition of a disclaimer. Ridiculous and it sucks..

iamrooney

Known Member
28/6/13
One mistake in ten years bud is not bad going...And at least you'll be extra vigilant when purchasing now. seller is a total douche though and karma always gets douche's

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
Some sellers are not only bad as sellers but bad as people... This is clearly not ethical...

Leave a negative feedback so as next possible victims are aware of what is going to happen to them!

This sure sucks big time...

well theres the problem, there is no feedback system in place at that forum for each member just a section where you can leave feedback for a member so thats what I did

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Name and shame him before he gets another one of us.

pengdiogenes

Looking Around
25/8/13
That is sad. You would think that you are among friends but I got fooled by a post giant at another forum.
Watch was less than perfect but wasn't worth the fight.
Study those pics hard before you pull the trigger!

ilbambino86

Renowned Member
17/9/12
Watchguy, really sorry to hear things like this happens to good people like you. We all definetly have to be extra careful who we deal with around. Lots of this stories around, it sucks!!

marcogumbo

14/8/13
We shoudn't HAVE to be that careful.
He knew the problem...and didn't disclose it to you. Thats the way it sounds....and his disclaimer is no kind of contract. The implied intent is that you would get a watch that runs, and that anything YOU do to the watch after that will be your responsibility.

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
pm me for his forum name

My intent of this thread is not to bash this guy , but a example of how anyone can be taken , he actually sold a few watches to other folks and they havent had any problems, but I think he successfully and knowingly
unloaded a bad watch and didnt lose a dime

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I can see why you're not posting his name, even though I, as well as the other members would like to know it.
There wouldn't be such things if all members were as fair as you are.
I want to state my respect to you, you're a stand up guy.

And that member is a douche. Hope karma will do its work.

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
I can see why you're not posting his name, even though I, as well as the other members would like to know it.
There wouldn't be such things if all members were as fair as you are.
I want to state my respect to you, you're a stand up guy.

And that member is a douche. Hope karma will do its work.

yes members do come in all flavors , I asked him to split the cost of a service which is only $75 bucks ,and he refused even after a mod got involved

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
The disclaimer is only meant to discern damage during transit as some ridiculous buyers (again, usually newcomers) who expect full warranties/service for an item that gets confiscated by customs etc..

But in this case, the seller purposely withheld information about the watch's problems. He clearly knew about it and is trying to push the blame as occurring during transit but it sounds it's clear the problem occurred when it was in the seller's hands (or on his wrist in this case).

I thought we were supposed to indicate all problems related to the item ahead of time.

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
The disclaimer is only meant to discern damage during transit as some ridiculous buyers (again, usually newcomers) who expect full warranties/service for an item that gets confiscated by customs etc..

But in this case, the seller purposely withheld information about the watch's problems. He clearly knew about it and is trying to push the blame as occurring during transit but it sounds it's clear the problem occurred when it was in the seller's hands (or on his wrist in this case).

I thought we were supposed to indicate all problems related to the item ahead of time.

He definitely used his "disclaimer" to his advantage