• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problems with Panerai steel bracelet and leather strap

autojaka

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/12
Hello forum members. Please can you give me advice/help as follows:

A.) I have bought PAM 196 from trusted dealer. There are 2 problems:

1. The upper part of steel bracelet (see picture) is not fixed and is moving - and that is very annoying. On the lower side of the bracelet there are two small wedges, but obviously they are to week to hold the bracelet on place - although I didn t wear watch a lot. How can I repair/correct this. One idea is to use little ammount of glue...

2. There is another issue with this watch - I can not adjust date. Obviously there is something wrong with crown adjusment, because I can only wind watch (lets say 0/min level of crown tweak, or move hours - 1/max level of crown tweak - as hard I try there is no mid level for date. Any idea?

B.) I have bought PAM 203 from same trusted dealer. It has leather strap and because of summers heat it has sweat mark/stain. Can I clean this somehow?

Thx in advance. Any advice appreciated

Regards

Jaka

PWSabre

Known Member
31/8/10
Can't you use some kind of leather care, like venetian cream/ leather balm to condition the strap and remove those stains?

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
The upper part of the bracelet is SEL (solid end link). Should be held in place by two small fins on the opposite side, picture will help.
Date change on A7753 is thru pusher at 10 o'clock.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
looks like the springbar is completely out of its holes. get a springbar tool and reset it.
i could be wrong but if the movement in that watch is a 7753 i believe the quickset date is a push button on the side of the case.

dev1ant

Renowned Member
22/8/10
See that little button at 10 O'Clock? That's your quickset date button. You need something small to push it with.

panerai_pam196_luminor_daylight_chrono_black_dial_19697_6235.jpg

And with regards to leather, this is why leather should be avoided when you know you're going to be sweating a lot on that day/exposed to the elements frequently. Stain looks like it'll be hard to remove from that strap . Best bet is to use some sort of cream/oil that darkens the leather entirely so it looks uniform.