• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How tight should a watch be around your wrist?

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
I've always been struggling with this. Sometimes I prefer it to be so tight that it can't move, sometimes I'd like it to be able to wiggle around a bit. So there's my question: How tight does everyone wear their watch?

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I like it snug but lately with the heat I've been going loose, thank god for glidelock clasps.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I don't like mine tight. I like just a little room for movement, but I don't like it loose either where it is falling up and down your arm. I've seen people wear them tight, loose or like I do. I guess it's whatever is comfortable to you.

greecean

9/10/12
tight enough so that when you shake your hand, the watch doesnt move

But not tight enough that it constricts your wrist

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
A rule of thumb I use is I if I cant fit one finger underneath my wrist and it be snug its about perfect

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
To me every watch is different, but mostly I use this rule: watches with bracelets must be lose enough to let the watch slightly move on the wrist, watches with strap must be a bit tighter.
However the right choice is whatever you feel comfortable ;)

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
If it's a strap whatever you like is fine. If it's a bracelet it should be snug enough that the links don't move around as this causes premature wear to the bracelet.

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.

replicawatch21

21/6/12
I would say it depends on how you like them really... I mean before, like 5-6 years ago, when I wear it with bracelet, I like it loose and it can almost reach the middle of my palm. But now, I like it snug and fit that there's not much room for movements, just enough to have bloodflow on my hands. :D:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
To me, the index finger must fit comfortably between the wrist and clasp. I use that method because normally, the watch doesn't slide too much backward into the forearm, and it doesn't slide forward into the wristbone (it either stays on top of the wristbone or behind it). Also, I don't use it extremely tight, because in warm weather the skin kind of swells and makes it even tighter.

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
I wear mines so that it can easily slide back and forth across my wrist bone, but slightly. I don't like mines too tight. That is bracelet or strap.

chats

25/8/13
for me, if the watch cant roll over your wrist its good, but as long as i can still put one of my finger in

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
To me every watch is different, but mostly I use this rule: watches with bracelets must be lose enough to let the watch slightly move on the wrist, watches with strap must be a bit tighter.
However the right choice is whatever you feel comfortable ;)

That is exactly how I wear it, on bracelet a bit loose and on a rubber or leather strap pretty tight.