• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling AP ROO dial artists...

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Not talking about luming, but modification to the colour of some of the AP ROO dials. There are some pretty obvious color mismatches on many: 1) numbers on Navy Themes being too light, 2) the center colors of the red and blue Grand Prixes? (I can go on). Plus some of the dials do seem to reflect a little too much (not matte enough). Of course, I have followed zorrolondon's experiments with the red dial Grand Prix. Anybody else go in this direction with the rep AP ROO dials and what tips can you advice here? Many of the techniques one would use on a PAM vintage dial (Southy's, daevildog's etc.) just do not apply here. Any AP ROO dial tutorials?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
He he. Isn't that what the hobby is all about?

We are a combination of crack addicts mixed with OCD.

:woot:

redcyrus

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/7/12
I sure hope they will come out with an accurate dial color for the volcano. That'll be a must have in my collection if they do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Volcano is not so bad compared to OEM dial.
Navy Themes and the red and blue Grand Prix(es) are worse.
I am thinking of sending the Navy Themes out to a steady-handed modder to see if he can darken the numerals.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I am experimenting with coats of matte varnish on top of matte dial surfaces. Effect: more brilliance.

redcyrus

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/7/12
I am experimenting with coats of matte varnish on top of matte dial surfaces. Effect: more brilliance.

Will that effectively increase/decrease the tone of the color? Am keen to know as am interested in the navy as well. It'll be great if you can achieve that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It increases the tone on colour, and makes lume shiny for some reason.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Does anyone know, per chance, if the numbers on the Navy Themes dial have a silver outline? The rep does not. If so, I need to add them.