• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT IIc LN

vincentvega01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/13
After a friend picked up a new Noob V2 sub recently I started thinking about my long time Rolex crush the GMT Master IIc LN. I started digging deep into the Rolex section doing my research. Since the ceramic GMT has been out for quite a while I'm struggling to find the BP vs Noob side by side review that I know has to be out there. I have found lots of reviews of each but I can't seem to locate a side by side review. Can anyone remember such a thread and point me in the right direction.

My collection has no Rolex so far and I'm quite sure that a GMT IIc would settle in really well with my PAMs, Breitlings and my JLC NSD.

Thanks.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
I think you should get the BP GMT..Especially the new blue-black edition is great....Rehaut is better,SEL fitment is better,dial is better bla bla bla..BP GMT is no doubt a better watch..

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
I think you should get the BP GMT..Especially the new blue-black edition is great....Rehaut is better,SEL fitment is better,dial is better bla bla bla..BP GMT is no doubt a better watch..

this

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
know this: the BP insert is not as nice as the noob, and the hands have the wrong lume. BP makes an excellent base for a franken because of the gen bezel construction, but out of the box...noob is visually more appealing.

vincentvega01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/13
Thanks pil. I'm not planning to franken at this point. I've also had good luck with other Noobs on the PAM side of things. I think with this feedback and all the other threads i've found during my research i'm going to go with the Noob.

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Do note that all the rep ceramic bezels WILL let you down at some point. The filling in the insert is just not very good, and way too thin on most and very unevenly applied. If you could source a gen insert, the BP imo can be very very nice, and gen inserts do show up occasionally over on the rolexforums :) Good luck on your decision. I would go with the BP any day, and I for one think that the bezel insert is better on the BP than the noob :)

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
totally not. BP insert font is super thin, at least the noob is thicker.

here's the BP against gen...yuck

116710LN_8_zps6b248dbb.jpg

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Wow thats a big difference

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

lofi

Known Member
16/5/10
I took my bp and put in a noob v1 bezel. the noob v2 bezel suffers the same fate of thin font. replaced hands with old cartel version for now until I find hands for my chs movement. was going to use the noob v2 hands but they don't seem as fat or chrome like.

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Don't know what you are willing to spend but BK GMT has been with me for two days and I am in love. Also gets rid of anxieties with his mods. I actually reached rep nirvana with this one

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
first huge tell..the very visible LEC on the crystal :)

other than that, i think it looks great..