• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second hand turns hour and minute won't.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Just want to verify what I think is happening. I have a sub ceramic 116610 that the second hand works but the hour and minute won't move. I can pull crown out and turn them manually the date flips at midnight normally if I manually turn it.

Is this a loose cannon or do I have another problem?

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
It's a 21j

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Any chance of a quick video of you showing us exactly whats happening?

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
its a loose cannon pinion, you take the top plate off, remove the CP and pinch it a tad and reassemble, when setting the time, the turn of the crown should have more resistance if done right

Steel, it will look like seconds hand going but the minute sits at the same minute mark.....seen it a lot with 21js

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Yea this is what I have read. Only thing made me ask is because I can pull the crown and adjust the time. If I pull the crown the hour and minute will turn while manually adjusting time. Made me think it might be something else.

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
if i can remember correctly from lesson learnt ...

the time adjustment is connect "positively" to the cannon pin via the gears to the stem

when the main spring drives the hands it is via the clutch of the cannon pin

don't know if i am making sense here .... Please disregard if i rem wrongly ...

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Yea makes perfect sense. I was reading more into it. And come to the conclusion the more you manually adjust time the more you wear out the cannon pin. Because it is direct drive on the manual adjust side forces the slipping of the cannon pin.

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I had a similar issue but with a 7750 movement. I removed the hands and re-fit them. It worked perfectly. Maybe try that first?

level z

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/11
Yea makes perfect sense. I was reading more into it. And come to the conclusion the more you manually adjust time the more you wear out the cannon pin. Because it is direct drive on the manual adjust side forces the slipping of the cannon pin.

The main spring can even drive your stem/crown if you leave the stem in the set time position assuming the movement is not hacked.

Glad it worked out for you

:)

regards
lz