• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Being subscribed to threads

marcogumbo

14/8/13
minor help, please...
All of a sudden, it seems I am automatically being subscribed to every thread I post in. That was not the case before, and I don't think I did this, but I wouldn't guarantee that, if you know what I mean..:wyliehelp:

ATLninerfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
2/1/13
It was a setting that was accidently activated. All you have to do is go to user CP>Edit Options>change subscriptions to "never".

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
+1

The same thing happened to me....User CP>Edit Options and look for this

Default Thread Subscription Mode

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Set it to NEVER as Alex suggested...:p

BrentonJ

4/7/13
Ah sweet thanks guys!

Also noticed i stopped getting e-mailed for receiving PM's so i fixed that as well.

Cheers :)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sorry guys, Franke has been making changes to way we send mail and I suspect something may have gone astray or it's been done to test load the mail server. I can't find the global setting to change the default back (if any of you know the vB admin interface you know why) and can't find it in the manual. I have contacted Franke and no doubt he will fix it ASAP.