• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

how to recess the screws on ap diver?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
That is exactly my point. I have held about 6 different ones. I couldn't tell the recessed screws on any of them. In order to see if they even were recessed, I would have to observe it at an angle with a loupe. If your browse pictures of real life Genuine Divers, you will see this clearly. Bezel details are a lot more obvious than bezel screws. But from a normal distance, even a V3 Diver looks accurate. That's why going on about bezel screw depth is pretty silly in my opinion.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
That is exactly my point. I have held about 6 different ones. I couldn't tell the recessed screws on any of them. In order to see if they even were recessed, I would have to observe it at an angle with a loupe. If your browse pictures of real life Genuine Divers, you will see this clearly. Bezel details are a lot more obvious than bezel screws. But from a normal distance, even a V3 Diver looks accurate. That's why going on about bezel screw depth is pretty silly in my opinion.

I agree. I do think however, a crooked bezel screw, or different depths is something that we should deal with, this is more noticable even to a non watch person than how sunk they are.

bobkat

6/7/12
The screws on my 4.1 from noob. The one at 35 min had two gaskets. Once I removed the additional gasket it recessed and matched up.

2uho9ol.jpg

bobkat

6/7/12
Did you use those liquid gaskets ?

Crown gaskets that are 0.4 mm thick 2.6mm outer diameter . Honestly the stock gaskets are fine. But sometimes noob puts two in and you have to remove one.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You guys must've had a better batch. The gaskets I removed were literally paper thin, and half of them were cut in half .

Your watch looks perfect ! Enjoy it. :cheers:

bobkat

6/7/12
You guys must've had a better batch. The gaskets I removed wereerally paper thin, and half of them were cut in half .

Your watch looks perfect ! Enjoy it. :cheers:

Thanks!

Try the 2.2 or 2.6 mm gaskets at 0.4mm thickness. These are most similar to what noob used.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_105.html

My next task is to get my chronopassion to look like this diver.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You should be able to just tighten the ROO screws without removing everything. They usually have a decent amount of play.

bobkat

6/7/12
You should be able to just tighten the ROO screws without removing everything. They usually have a decent amount of play.

Unfortunately it's heterogeneous :( some are tight and flush. I have gaske tsiincoming which should give me some more room.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
bobkat those gaskets from ofrei are very expensive. someone mentioned a o-ring set on ebay. your diver looks perfect.

bobkat

6/7/12
bobkat those gaskets from ofrei are very expensive. someone mentioned a o-ring set on ebay. your diver looks perfect.

They are pricey $2.50 or so for 3 gaskets is quite steep, the problem with the gasket sets was that I could not find any with a 0.4 thickness gasket at least with a 2.0 mm outer diameter. So I ordered a few different sizes around those specs to see what fit best.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Look at those GEN AP DIVERS !!!! I would've rejected every single one due to the bezel screws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Look at those GEN AP DIVERS !!!! I would've rejected every single one due to the bezel screws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

from now on i can accept with all my heart that unrecessed screw is not a
reason to reject QC.
:)

and whats more important is getting those every screw even.
rather than having uneven screw ( some recessed some not)
:):cheers:

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12

What's curious, is those were in the first 10 pictures of a "audemars piquet diver" image search on google. lol

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
too bad those are not the level screws that we are getting with the recent versions, instead you will get 1 or 2 that is not level. either one is sticking out or 1 or 2 screws that is heading towards the opposite direction from the rest. I have yet to see one obt diver since v3.5 with all 8 screws the same height. When the day comes I'm finally give in and buy a gen aproo, and the AD brings me a watch with the bezel screws not sunken, I'll tell him to fetch me another till he finds one, but that is just me.