• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

girlfriend or wife not keen on any type of reps

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
I'm guessing she grew up with a family that has against reps or basically the term "fakes" to them. In that case, she just might be worried about her family finding out that her fiance is into reps that isn't actually legal. But I have to convince (aka brainwash :D:) her into the advantages of it. haha

Anyway, SHUT UP, F*CK OUT the way, what's up? :D: Are you Keith or Kevin? I watch TMW as well. :cheers:

Keith or Kevin!?!? , u DISRESPECT em, man
they are Lord Keith and Lord Kevin!

i miss when they sniffing out the camera, rocking chair, sippin some lemonade, "come out the bushes, stab em!", etc LOL

replicawatch21

21/6/12
LV women bags are like the rolex subs to watches, even if you have a gen everyone will think its fake. I only buy the wife micheal kors gens, I would never buy a LV bag for her regardless if it's real or fake, maybe prada or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I once bought her an LV purse that is the same as the style or design or whatever the girls call them and it was almost as expensive as the handbags! :thud: To be fair, it was a birthday gift and we don't see each other that much because of LDR so I thought, f*ck it, just once..:shlug: But otherwise, I wouldn't buy those overpriced and overrated bags. I mean you couldn't even fit an ipad or headphones in them. :biglaugh:

replicawatch21

21/6/12
Keith or Kevin!?!? , u DISRESPECT em, man
they are Lord Keith and Lord Kevin!

i miss when they sniffing out the camera, rocking chair, sippin some lemonade, "come out the bushes, stab em!", etc LOL

hahaha... Its all about the gaiiiiins, man... The gaiiiiins...:D:

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/4/13
USA / Florida
I once bought her an LV purse that is the same as the style or design or whatever the girls call them and it was almost as expensive as the handbags! :thud: To be fair, it was a birthday gift and we don't see each other that much because of LDR so I thought, f*ck it, just once..:shlug: But otherwise, I wouldn't buy those overpriced and overrated bags. I mean you couldn't even fit an ipad or headphones in them. :biglaugh:

I guess I got lucky because my wife's not crazt of watches or purses so I got her a rep cartier tank and a couple gen Michael kors purses which are around 150-200 each but she's a huge fan of heels so I'm not completely out of the woods this women has at least 25 pairs whenever she gives me crap about buying a watch I just look at her closet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Basically, my fiance is not into any kinds of rep(no offense), whether clothing or watches, especially bags. I was telling her actually not to buy those expensive LV handbags because it is not practical and people will think it's fake anyway. :D: She got a bit mad and told me I got no idea about fashion blah blah blah and the quality according to her is really obvious and most of all that I should buy things that are only genuine.
Now that she noticed my frequency in buying watches, she began to ask me how much were they! I just say a £80-£200 maybe. And she says, "Oh its not cheap, just like some of Armani watches." Inside me, I am just thankful she doesn't know the brand Panerai and the genuine watches costs thousands of pounds. haha But I'm sure she will find out sooner or later. I don't know how to convince her that buying reps are ok(well at least for us anyway). One thing's for sure, that I have to start asap otherwise it will be a topic of unneccesary discussion. :D:
Anyway do you or do you not let them know about buying a lot of watches? And how do you convince them to buy reps instead? Obviously, they will notice it everytime you wear a different looking watch so you can't really hide them. I know most of them has the "detective mode" when they smell something fishy and won't stop til they catch you.:raji::thud:
Run, mate, run away, while you can!!! You gonna marry a disaster.
Trust me, been there, done that.

replicawatch21

21/6/12
Run, mate, run away, while you can!!! You gonna marry a disaster.
Trust me, been there, done that.

Just like this?

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Sorry mate, I already love her... She had me at "What's a rep?". :D: She is "The One" and the best genuine thing that ever happened to me... :cheese:

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
Just like this?

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Sorry mate, I already love her... She had me at "What's a rep?". :D: She is "The One" and the best genuine thing that ever happened to me... :cheese:

:lmao:

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA

Well congratulations! :cheers: Don't listen to others that tell you to run... just because they didn't find the right one doesnt mean you haven't, and we all don't have the luxury of purchasing a spouse.

And before you ask, because many have, wear a Gen to your wedding.

replicawatch21

21/6/12
My deepest condolences, mate...
Remember my words.

Well I hope it won't be like what you said. C'mon man, just wish me luck! :cheers:

Well congratulations! :cheers: Don't listen to others that tell you to run... just because they didn't find the right one doesnt mean you haven't, and we all don't have the luxury of purchasing a spouse.

And before you ask, because many have, wear a Gen to your wedding.
Thanks a lot Strodda! Let's drink to that. :bmw760:

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Just curious, is that suppose to be bad luck?

Not that Im aware of. I dont think there are superstitions surrounding replica watches. But the general consensus, from what Ive read here, is that you should wear a Gen to your wedding. I didnt wear a watch at all, but I can see how it might seem tacky to wear a replica to your wedding. Or maybe, since its supposed to be about the bride, the groom doesnt need to walk around wearing a "$15,000" watch and taking attention away. Who knows.

OR... maybe because if we spend all this time picking out the perfect watch, maybe some gold JLC tourby, that we'd end up staring at the watch more than our wife-to-be.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Well I hope it won't be like what you said. C'mon man, just wish me luck! :cheers:
I DO wish you luck, mate, but I'm a realist. Life with a woman, who rule your life, and plug her nose in everything you do, isn't a sugar, trust me. Doesn't matter, how much you love her. Question is.. is she loves you? If a woman love - she don't care, how many watches you buy. Just be prepared.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Look, the most important thing is to be honest with each other. If you like watches fine buy watches, but remember to stay within a reasonable budget for your income. If you can't afford to pay for it you can't afford it.

Remember a hobby or collecting or whatever the F you want to call it is for fun. If you have lie, deceive, and hide what your doing something is wrong.

Lunny

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/13
Look, the most important thing is to be honest with each other. If you like watches fine buy watches, but remember to stay within a reasonable budget for your income. If you can't afford to pay for it you can't afford it.

Remember a hobby or collecting or whatever the F you want to call it is for fun. If you have lie, deceive, and hide what your doing something is wrong.

^^^^ What he said!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Lunny, thanks. I know its easy for guys to go crazy with this hobby, but you really need to think before you just spend on reps.

c888

10/3/12
We all have our hobbies. From sports to collecting things like watches. And everything costs $. When I was into photography, I spent way more on lenses.

Some women don't like reps/fakes no matter the quality. Its their personal feeling.
Just tell her you buy reps so you can afford the real stuff for her :)

replicawatch21

21/6/12
I DO wish you luck, mate, but I'm a realist. Life with a woman, who rule your life, and plug her nose in everything you do, isn't a sugar, trust me. Doesn't matter, how much you love her. Question is.. is she loves you? If a woman love - she don't care, how many watches you buy. Just be prepared.

Thank you mate. I know you just want to warn me based on experience. To be honest, the one you are describing is the perfect definition of my ex gf, actually. I had learned my lesson about those kind of girls.
I'm sure I won't let anyone rule my life. My fiance might not be into reps but I'm sure she won't dictate me not to continue buying them. If she tells me something and I know she got a point, then why not, I will listen. I'll definitely let you all know in the future when she changed her views about it.:cheers:

I definitely agree+++ to what you said. That is one of the reason why I buy reps, I cannot afford to buy a gen because I have other important things to pay for. Maybe when I finished paying for my mortgage before I turn 40, then I might get a gen. But right now? Nada... Just purely reps for me... :) Thanks sub :cheers:

We all have our hobbies. From sports to collecting things like watches. And everything costs $. When I was into photography, I spent way more on lenses.

Some women don't like reps/fakes no matter the quality. Its their personal feeling.
Just tell her you buy reps so you can afford the real stuff for her :)
Cheers mate. Im also into photography and a Canon shooter btw. :) :cheers:

D*amn, I had too much whisky, rum, and beer from the party. My head's spinning already. Good night to everyone. All the best! ttyl

MMA

5/10/10
Its true the quality of gen isn't perfect, but it never was. People expect such expensive bags to be perfect, but they never are, and never were.

Here's a photo of missus' gen neverfull from the least flattering angle. Bought a few months ago.

y7azu4uq.jpg

She also has a top quality rep speedy - which I reviewed to glowing praise of the quality over at the handbag forum. Apparently its one of the best speedy's you can buy, but... The missus won't carry it. To anyone who owns a gen it is quite obviously fake i.e. the best reps are rubbish.

Honestly, even I can spot high quality rep bag from across the street.