• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trusted Dealers that take Paypal!

Lunny

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/13
Trusted Dealers that take Paypal?

Can we please make this a Sticky......

The only Trusted dealer that will except Paypal, are trusted dealers that know you. You will not be able to use Paypal on your first order with any of the trusted dealers. Trust is something that must be earned and so is Paypal privileges. WU is not that difficult to use so please dont ask the forum members who excepts Paypal!

Im sorry guys just tired of seeing this question asked over and over again.. Its hard not to act like Luthier when noobs ask this question (no offense Luthier but you are amazing at making people feel like idiots :thumbsup:) I think if we just leave this post at the top saying "Trusted dealers that accept Paypal" It might cut down on the number of posts asking....

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
For you that you are a supporting VIP this shouldn´t be an issue with any dealer, including me ;)

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
I agree. Been seeing a lot of people asking which TD's accept PP.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I actually had problems using paypal and my credit card on my purchase last week, so my TD suggested using W.U. I will never use paypal again. It took me 10 minutes to go to Rite Aid do the western union and be back at my house. Easy as pie. I'm not sure I understand why people have trouble using W.U.

Lunny

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/4/13
I actually had problems using paypal and my credit card on my purchase last week, so my TD suggested using W.U. I will never use paypal again. It took me 10 minutes to go to Rite Aid do the western union and be back at my house. Easy as pie. I'm not sure I understand why people have trouble using W.U.

Its not that they have trouble, its the fact that they are lazy and its new to most people! Plus some like to bank on the fact that if the deal goes bad they can file a claim on Paypal and they will be covered... NOT COOL

Pumper

3/1/13
Its not that they have trouble, its the fact that they are lazy and its new to most people! Plus some like to bank on the fact that if the deal goes bad they can file a claim on Paypal and they will be covered... NOT COOL

Agreed! +1!

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
For you that you are a supporting VIP this shouldn´t be an issue with any dealer, including me ;)

Toro.. Unfortunately this isn't true for some TD's. I've bought probably 10 watchces from Trevor and as of my last order he will no longer accept paypal from me. Either he forgot(even though I reminded him) that I've given him thousands of dollars or really doesn't accept PP anymore.

marcotor

Horology Curious
28/5/13
I would take into consideration that almost *every* scam on the Net involves WU transfers.

Not that a TD would, and I have never had a problem. I can certainly see the reluctance of some in using this method, especially if they are first-time buyers.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Most TD's do not accept PP anymore and I do not blame them. This is not Ebay and you are paying 5% the cost of a watch and people expect the world. I think the TD's should be picky whom they accept PP from and a list should not be offered as a sticky.

Just my 2 cents.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13

Well if your 10 minutes from rite aid I can see why it would be easy. I'm about a 22 hour flight away from the closest rite aid. And I'm a good 2 hour drive from a western Union. Not everyone is in America where there is a western union on every other street corner. PayPal is a much easier option. So I understand why people opt for PayPal under this reason. If it's for protection there is no need these are TRUSTED DEALERS. You could put cash in a envelope and they could be trusted. Just can't trust the postal services giving it to them.

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Most TD's do not accept PP anymore and I do not blame them. This is not Ebay and you are paying 5% the cost of a watch and people expect the world. I think the TD's should be picky whom they accept PP from and a list should not be offered as a sticky.

Just my 2 cents.

It´s not that 5% really. Even by credit card payment we got a 5% of comission, and the bad WU exchange rate we probably got the similar amount of money. It is simply because of the fact that if PP finds out that you are related to reps in any way, they close your account immediately, this can be a buyer with bad intention reporting it or just simply if somebody wants to scam.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I understand Maui. I guess I wasn't thinking about W.U. not being close to everyone. I can also understand the T.D.'s not accepting paypal either. That stand to lose a lot. My T.D. just had his paypal frozen because someone wrote in notes a couple weeks ago even though he told them not to.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
I understand Maui. I guess I wasn't thinking about W.U. not being close to everyone. I can also understand the T.D.'s not accepting paypal either. That stand to lose a lot. My T.D. just had his paypal frozen because someone wrote in notes a couple weeks ago even though he told them not to.

Yup completely understandable that's why you gotta go out of your way to build trust with a td. Then it's smooth sailing. I can use wu buts it's not the easiest way by far for me. Most noobs think they want wu cause its easy to rip them off and don't think about it being to protect them from idiots. I'm just glad I have that trust makes my life easier...

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.