• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT Ceramic bezel: Gen?

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
What do you think, is this a gen one?

gedu9yma.jpg

I'm pretty shure about my opinion, i just would like to hear your's. Thank you all!

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
I didn't make it and it's the only one i have, sorry.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The numerals look awful dark. I would expect a gen with platinum numbers would be a lot lighter and brighter.

But I really don't know since I've never seen a gen.

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
Buy the seller, not the part.
As long as you can return it if it proves to be rep, buy it.

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
One thing for sure... With that kind of pic, I wouldn't buy that insert.

But the numbers are correct, size and thickness good. May seem darker but then again, the black seems lighter so it may be bad lighting. The dots however are wonky cos some are big and blur, some are smaller and correct size.
Compared to my gen so that's what I can say for now.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

I actually think the numbers aren´t bold enough like GEN... also, the color as mentioned is dubious, but what would immediatelly come to my mind is the fact that due to the difficulty to install the insert on the bezel, we only see them being sold as a pack, and not only the insert alone.

Anyway, as GTANAK said above, with that kind of pic, I wouldn´t buy that insert either.

Cheers,
Spirit.

Jeran1mo

Known Member
27/7/13
Don't think its gen. The bottom part of the number '2' on a gen should be slightly curve to follow the curvature of the bezel.

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
One thing for sure... With that kind of pic, I wouldn't buy that insert.

But the numbers are correct, size and thickness good. May seem darker but then again, the black seems lighter so it may be bad lighting. The dots however are wonky cos some are big and blur, some are smaller and correct size.
Compared to my gen so that's what I can say for now.

+1

Here are some pictures of my GMTc ceramic bezel... Note the curved bottom of the two.

zatyhade.jpg
amyhyrav.jpg

u7eryqag.jpg
eda3y9ed.jpg

Gen left and rep right
2e8uqa5u.jpg

As everyone said. Get better pictures or walk away. I say it's rep.

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
looks rep.numbers not plat dont look bold wrong font

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Don't think its gen. The bottom part of the number '2' on a gen should be slightly curve to follow the curvature of the bezel.

+1
two other key gen indicators: the seriph on the "1" is curved and the "0" has a slight bulge to it.
the zero tell for me is the quickest and easiest to see since getting my gen bezel.

the OP's sample there is definitely a rep insert.