• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jumbo 15400 Swiss ETA 2824

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
If you want the *blue* 15400 you should get the puretime best quality version as it's closer to gen.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Puretime buy his watches from the same factories, mate, he don't have his own version.

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Just from browsing one is BP Maker the other is Noob. I am assuming that was what was meant?

The version on puretime is not the same as the BP version, they are from *different* factories. It's not clear whether the version Angus is selling is from the noob factory. The new maker blue 25400 is superior to the BP factory version. Having owned both I can say this with the utmost confidence. Whether it's actually worth the extra money for a slight improvement in looks is for you to decide.

-=MarK=-

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/6/11
We have now 15400 from BP factory (catel) and we have 15400 from noname factory (puretime). I n near future will be next factory with Mintoya movement inside.

TQDG

9/3/12
Puretime buy his watches from the same factories, mate, he don't have his own version.
That's not even what he's saying. The BP 15400 and the 15400 sold by PureTime are indeed different. Judging by the brushed rehaut in Ryan's photos, he stocks the BP version... and though the brushed rehaut has been fixed in more recent BP examples, the consensus seems to be that the version from PureTime is the more accurate rep.

vootzilla

26/3/08
The non-BP version is not noob. That is clear. Angus the man told us. There will be another version with different movement coming out but not so soon.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
That's not even what he's saying. The BP 15400 and the 15400 sold by PureTime are indeed different. Judging by the brushed rehaut in Ryan's photos, he stocks the BP version... and though the brushed rehaut has been fixed in more recent BP examples, the consensus seems to be that the version from PureTime is the more accurate rep.

Although the one in the link from Ryan is the BP version he also sells the Angus version which I just ordered of him.

Easiest way to tell is if it costs $438 its the Angus Version

If it costs $368 its the BP version