• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guess a sub - nerds will like (warning: bragging content)!!

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
:thumbsup:

Not to brag (okay okay - maybe a little) - buuuuuuut, picked this baby up yesterday and haven't stopped jumping up and down since. Now here's a little training exercise for all you lovely nerds and wizs. What the heck is it? :woot: The little things will tell :p And a little hint: the missing cyclops is NOT one of them :popcorn:.

3pm0.jpg

knpk.jpg

qtc4.jpg

3ajb.jpg

exvl.jpg

pswu.jpg

Happy guessing !! Winner will receive a nice cold beer of choice on their next visit to Denmark :cheers:

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Hey, it's a rolex! I'm from denmark too, and I've just been to toulouse.
Surely this all means you will buy me a beer!!! :)

Sent from my iBall using Tupperware

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Great guesses - but neither of you are right :D Well- technically, Trksh-Bzr, you ARE right - and granted the line of coincidences a beer will fly your way if you swing by the Aarhus-area :p

:cheers:

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Yes!!!..Nice Genuine my friend!!

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
gen . Its a 5765 168000
i want my beer

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
gen . Its a 5765 168000
i want my beer

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner. Actually I have no idea what 5765 indicates, but it surely is a triple 0 . Well spotted, friend. Swing by any time and claim whats your's :cheers:

live1

Banned
25/3/13
thanks man.ive learned alot about subs.my favourite watches.anyway your watch is very rare.

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
thanks man.ive learned alot about subs.my favourite watches.anyway your watch is very rare.

It is not a model you see every day, for sure :) Now my sub-hunt can rest, and on to explorers and PAMs.

Rolex should really thank people like BK and TC - I never would have considered paying this amount of money for a watch, if I hadn't felt the joy of those great reps first. :D:

Now I'm in this for life and seems there is no escape :mazz:

live1

Banned
25/3/13
i only know about subs because i love them,my favourite is the modern sub c hulk .

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
I really like all eras to be honest... the reason I went with this is because it dates to the same year I was born :D Also it felt the best on my wrist of all I have tried :) Something about the smoothness of a well-used watch.

The new ceramics are REALLY nice though, and the LV color in real life is smashing. It's funny - I always lusted after a TT blue 16613 - and on pics they are BEAUTIFUL - but in real life - while the blue sunburst dial truly is amazing, the green just looks better on the wrist, imho.

live1

Banned
25/3/13
yes i still like the old lv.might get a tc when i can afford.as ill need a gen green insert

Seifert

Renowned Member
11/8/09
1989....a 1 year pre 16610, 904 steel...wicked too

Well, actually there is a bit of discussion and disagreement on this subject. Some claim that the 000 has only been produced in 9 months in 1988, other says 1989 and other says 1987.

No one can seem to find the true answer, but as a matter of fact, this watch is dated to 1986 and there is no doubt that all parts are original and that the model is in fact the famous 168000 - so that actually proofs that there has been a production of the 000 in 1986 also.

But the mystery and disagreement does not make this model less interesting :)

Congrats with the new watch my friend :thumbsup: