• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Are we headed towards WWIII?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, "Without question, this brutality demands a response. That is why President Barack Obama sought approval two weeks ago for targeted military action that will hold President Assad accountable for these heinous acts"

So let me get this straight. The baton of our response to these "terrible" and "heinous acts" of chemical weapons used is passed on to Putin and the UN? Really? Well ok! Thankfully we can assume that Mr. Obama has little support and seemingly lost his cause for military strikes against Assad but now placing it all in the hands of Russia and the U.N. will be a fun charade to watch. "Syria has welcomed the Russian initiative but has not specifically endorsed the idea of disposing of its huge chemical weapons arsenal"..Well Duh, Does anyone believe Syria is going to just let whoever waltz in and take whatever CW's they have stockpiled?

And in the meanwhile Assad will stay in power, and the rebels can continue their fight and Middle East rouge countries can continue operating with business as usual.

As it all will turn out, there will be no response to the heinous acts and Syrian President Assad will still remain in power, laughing at the U.S. along with Russia, China and the rest of the world. Our greatest strength is fast becoming our weakness as a result of our inablity to act.

The only good news now is there will be no strikes, I am thankful for that.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
As it all will turn out, there will be no response to the heinous acts and Syrian President Assad will still remain in power, laughing at the U.S. along with Russia, China and the rest of the world. Our greatest strength is fast becoming our weakness as a result of our inablity to act.

The only good news now is there will be no strikes, I am thankful for that.

You forgot the most important ones, Iran and North Korea. They can no go on their merry way building nuclear weapons and other WMDs with no fear of reprisal.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
You forgot the most important ones, Iran and North Korea. They can no go on their merry way building nuclear weapons and other WMDs with no fear of reprisal.

Absolutely, who is going to stop them? We cannot be the police to the world anymore, so I guess it will be up to the UN Security Council and maybe Hans Blix again to the rescue. The world is in a world of hurt and with no one to lead.

Who has the best Sub? :facepalm:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I almost forgot North Korea still has hopes thanks to Dennis Rodman :rofl:

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
This is what happens when you don't mind your own business as a country.

A little genocide never hurt anyone right?

tumblr_mnp89aPC5o1r23oyro1_250.gif

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Absolutely, who is going to stop them? We cannot be the police to the world anymore, so I guess it will be up to the UN Security Council and maybe Hans Blix again to the rescue. The world is in a world of hurt and with no one to lead.

Who has the best Sub? :facepalm:

It's a shame that we are so ready to give up being the leader of the free world and especially being the only super power left.

Being the sheriff in the wild west was never an easy task but somebody had to do it.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
It's a shame that we are so ready to give up being the leader of the free world and especially being the only super power left.

Being the sheriff in the wild west was never an easy task but somebody had to do it.

So true. A genuine leader will make decisions based on moral convictions and what is right, not on popular opinion. Looks like for Syria, Putin is self-appointing himself as the world sheriff.

Along those same lines here are Putin's words from that Op-Ed piece in the Times.

"It is alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States. Is it in America’s long-term interest? I doubt it. Millions around the world increasingly see America not as a model of democracy but as relying solely on brute force, cobbling coalitions together under the slogan “you’re either with us or against us.â€

As far as the millions around the world, they will hate us no matter what we do, that will not change. We don't act on whether or not someone will hate us or not..And I disagree strongly with this statement from Sherriff Putin referring to Americans:

"It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional"

The whole Syrian issue is becoming a debacle with Syria as an ally of Russia and effectively Russia now in charge of removing the chemical weapons along with Assad now saying that unless we remove the possibility of a military strike, he will not tell anyone where the weapons are.

From our side it's nothing now but weak talk from weak leaders of the free world. Watch out world, there's a new sheriff in town.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Thoughts on Putin's Op-Ed?
http://t.co/TSDpJ5NlsE

I disagree with most of it. The America that Putin sees is vastly different than the America I have known. Maybe the NY Times will run an Op-Ed article from Syrian President Assad, I'm sure he would agree with what Putin has said about America.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09

Can't believe you said it, B. Just can't...
According to liberals views, we should not do it, and US must be like any other country.
So, KUDOS.
:D

REDCELL

11/6/13
Im all for strikes.

Against the leaders of BOTH sides of the Syrian LoveFest.

Im not convinced we really know the whole story, but use of WMD's is unacceptable.

Im not for us picking sides again. Hit em both and make a short speech.

"Don't know which of you did it....but its on both of you to make sure it NEVER happens again"

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
You don't let evil thrive, kill, and do horrible things to others. There must be conquences, retalition and missles is the only thing evil understands.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
You don't let evil thrive, kill, and do horrible things to others. There must be conquences, retalition and missles is the only thing evil understands.

Yes, but then the rebels could get the upper hand, and considering that a good amount of them are Al-Queda linked, thats not a great idea. As a Jew, I dislike Assad, because he says a bunch of anti-semitic crap, and I hate to say it, but hes the better option in Syria.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
The world has always been filled with kill or be killed humans and most likely always will. As sad and cruel as it sounds defend your borders stay out of others business. There war only makes them a weaker nation. Let other nations kill off there population and destroy there economy and infrastructure. It only makes them weaker. Worry about your own nation feed your hungry house your homeless and heal your sick. This will make you stronger. America is no longer the super power it once was because its gone broke butting into so many others affairs. Keep on this path of trying to play parent to the world and America will wake up one day a third world country. It's headed down that road now.

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
America is still Superpower #1 on Earth. But yes, it's going down.
If we won't be a parent of the World - China will. And then a whole World is faked up.
So, we have no choice. Sitting at home, while your neighbors killing each other would lead to your house crash.