• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquaracer 500M GEN vs. REP comparison (pic heavy)

Showa321

Known Member
1/10/11
Well thanks to this thread I went and bought an Aqua Racer from Marv/Replica.

Really loving the watch, so much so I will be getting a Gen, probably my favourite rep so far.

I dont know if to blame you guys for making me buy ANOTHER watch or thank you because its such a cool watch...

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Well thanks to this thread I went and bought an Aqua Racer from Marv/Replica.

Really loving the watch, so much so I will be getting a Gen, probably my favourite rep so far.

I dont know if to blame you guys for making me buy ANOTHER watch or thank you because its such a cool watch...

Congrats! Will You post pics? Oh and BTW how much did you get it for?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tap-a-Talk

the_derv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/13
My first expensive rep was this watch, I am disappointed i did not read this post first as I purchased a cartel version with an un-decorated movement. The tag badge on my dial is slightly off centre also, the dealer is sending me a replacement face.

I still love the watch but the lack of pearling gives it away quite easily as a rep, where as I think yours is much much more convincing!

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
It seems that you got the swiss ETA version.
No worries my friend, as far as I'm aware TAG Heuer used different movement in this watch - decorated Sellita and platinum coated (undecorated) Swiss ETA. :)

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
The funny thing is that if you start reading about this model on WUS you'll see the gen is plagued with (serious) crown stripping issues .... The rep not!!!!

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
The funny thing is that if you start reading about this model on WUS you'll see the gen is plagued with (serious) crown stripping issues .... The rep not!!!!

LOL, this is the moment when reps become better gens ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tap-a-Talk

the_derv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/13
It seems that you got the swiss ETA version.
No worries my friend, as far as I'm aware TAG Heuer used different movement in this watch - decorated Sellita and platinum coated (undecorated) Swiss ETA. :)

Really!? That's brilliant news. I feel a whole lot better now thank you

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I plan on buying this model, with swiss ETA, but my TD can only get it on rubber. If anyone has a bracelet for sale for this model, drop me a pm please.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
I plan on buying this model, with swiss ETA, but my TD can only get it on rubber. If anyone has a bracelet for sale for this model, drop me a pm please.

The sellita SW-200 is the accurate one,...

Speedman

14/5/10
It's in stock. I ordered one from Sora.
It's in shipment and couldn't wait for it to arrive.
Here are a few QC pictures :
kAvqVAdh.jpg
uBOyr5Th.jpg
CUD8Dcqh.jpg
ANP8P9wh.jpg

Which dealer is Sora??

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
The sellita SW-200 is the accurate one,...

Correct.. Gen came w/ undecorated Swiss Sellita and/or ETA. You can go on TAG's website right now and see that they show an undecorated movement w/ brass center rotor. Here's a screen cap-

aquaracer500M_zpsb853de7c.jpg

Great review, you don't see reviews like this anymore! Great watch too, I enjoy mine. I got one w/ swiss sellita on bracelet in M2M some time ago and won't be letting it go.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
I'm still thinking if it was a good move to let my rep 500M go. But if I'm ever short of money I will buy the rep again and the only thing I will mod will be the AR on the crystal.
IMO the rep with some good AR on the saphire = 99% gen.

20130910_152013.jpg

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I'm still thinking if it was a good move to let my rep 500M go.

I've not taken it off since it arrived mate, love it. Got a great deal on a gen bracelet for it tos, so thought why not. I know you advised against it, but as said, I got a good deal.

AR is next on the list, going for WiZ premium AR.

cmaster

6/9/13
Great review - I really like that rep.....
At the risk of them all being sold - does anyone know if any are available anywhere?
Shine doesn't appear to have any