• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first 3646 Brevettato

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
I just couldn't wait any longer, I put together all the spare parts I had lying around and had to put this thing together. Unfortunately I did not have all the parts to match the case so you will notice the dial is a little large for the case and I had to trim down the hands so they wouldn't hit the bezel. However I just needed to see how this thing was going to look assembled. The movement bridge is one of my test bridges so it too is not perfect, but since I got bit by the vintage bug I have loved the look of the 3646 Brevettato, so I just could no longer contain myself. Here are all the pictures, I also posted a shorter edited post in the PAM area for the all the PAM fans to check out. Though not perfect it looks great.

I will be offering custom built vintage PAMS to the membership.

This watch was my inspiration.....

It's a modem burner, so here we go.....

Made my own front and back crystals from some of the old Molly pocket watches I had. They were so old and weathered I couldn't pass them up. I trimmed them down and vuala, nothing more vintage than vintage..

Here are some close ups of the dial I made with rodium burns at 3:41 to simulate where the hands were sitting for a very long time while the watch sat undiscovered for years. You'll notice the hour hand left a stronger imprint because it sits closer to the dial.

Too bad the "ROLEX" engraving came out so bad, the rest of the engravings were pretty good..

UPDATE:

I just upgraded the bridges on the 3646 build those other bridges were driving me nuts...

Finally, the vintage lume seen thru the cracked indices

Thanks for looking.......:cheers:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
What a beaut!

Sent from a Bell Telegraph via Western Union

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
STUNNING!

Love the dial, the movement looks great and lume is perfect.

Beautiful work.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
awesome work Marlin....

not that we would expect something less than that...;)