• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Awa’s 10 evils of counterfeit watches

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
When they say buying gen watches supports American jobs do they mean retail clerks at jewellers. Because as far as I know none of the watches that are repped are American made. So sure aren't supporting jobs in manufacture.

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
The person who wrote this list is an ignorant fool.

Sent from my KW359 using my ASSO strap

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
I'm a little worried about point #2, the paint being toxic.

I didn't like the dial on my sub very much, so I ate it.

What to do?

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
I'm a little worried about point #2, the paint being toxic.

I didn't like the dial on my sub very much, so I ate it.

What to do?

You now have to buy and eat a gen, to counteract the poison from the rep!

Sent from my KW359 using my ASSO strap

CoolRob

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/10
Very scary but just propaganda stuff. they only fool the uninformed people and themselves.

oratempus

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/12
Wawww, I just discover that they can also rep .... journalists !!

No, really can this AWA afford to pay someone to write that !!??? A recent post of trksh-bzr (here) about replicas was way more wise than that BS.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
This text was not meant to educate people on replicas. If you look at the source it is obvious that some of the 'facts' aren't any. But then they are lobbyists for the industry.

To be honest, they have a point: Theft of intellectual property and copyright infringement is a crime.

That nonwithstanding, enjoy your reps :) And if you can afford it, buy the gen and support the watch makers ;)

smokiedabong

22/8/12
They are the modern day Robin Hood, they steal from the rich and give to the poor.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
Buying reps has caused me to suffer from ED and male pattern baldness. DON'T BUY REPS!

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
"Organised crime" ain't all that bad.....

Maybe the terrorist part of the first one, but it's definitely organized crime. Not sure what else you could call it

Once you see what happens when you eliminate it!!
DIS-ORGANIZED CRIME!..!!

I used to live in a city that was deeply involved in the "Mafia"
Then they (the US feds) waged an all out war against organised crime..
In the "mob" controlled areas of my home town, back "in the day", you could walk the streets at 3AM with hundred dollar bills sticking out of your pockets unmolested...
Now the Asian gangs there have proliferated to the degree that I wouldn't even drive down the street I grew up on in broad daylight with my doors unlocked!!:raji: