• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

very nice pearl on clarks 16800/16610 insert

himtfuji

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
my roommate bought this Clarks insert off eBay and was going to return it because its bent above the pearl but I bought it off him after seeing the pearl. It looks identical to the pearl on the real insert that came with my old tc. The rest of the insert isn't that great but the pearl alone makes up for it. And its much cheaper and higher quality than the yellow watchmaterial pearls after shipping.

9682247471_7c462cdfe5_b_d.jpg

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Does the lume match that of the TC markers?

does look ok..

here's a gen one for comparison

2860-20466-thickbox.jpg

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
lume is great. I'll upload a pic soon
9685504226_a4b68b0f28_b_d.jpg

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
Does the lume match that of the TC markers?

does look ok..

here's a gen one for comparison
2860-20466-thickbox.jpg

I don't have a tc at the moment to compare and I don't know which sub I have at the moment. Also, after seeing this pearl, I was wondering if all Clark inserts come with pearl this nice because I had a few before but they were flat white while this one looks like it has a clearcoat.

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
also,how hard is it to apply lume? Would I be able to apply more lume on the 12 marker over the existing lume or do I need to remove the old lume first?

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
I think your sub is a noob 16610LV. That insert is pretty inaccurate, also the lume material looks uneven or tilted in the cup, overall the pearl sits way too low in the triangle....
as for lume, don't mess with it, you wont get it the same EVER.

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
I don't think its a noob since the engravings are aligned with the second markers. It was advertised by the original owner as a trusty time m series sub which is $328 for the Swiss model. And the bezel construction isn't a noob since it uses a spring and pin rather than the noobs friction washer to make the clicks.

rsh

3/4/10
I stand corrected on the source of the watch

I want Daytona

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/09
Sits too low in the triangle. That's the biggest problem IMHO because you can't replace the pearl. I just got one myself.

The pearl looks good though just wish the lume was better and didn't sit too low.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Clark inserts have very nice pearls. Glad to see that they are now lumed properly. When he first got them I posted about their new pearls and how good they were but unfortunately the lume sucked.

himtfuji

Banned
18/3/13
Of course it is noob R

by noob, your talking about the noobmariner? Because I had a noob mariner and this watch is completely different from the shape, bezel construction and even the caseback has different engravings. Also, this watch originally had crown guards sized closer to a 116610 ceramic sub before I shaped it. So unless there were many different variations or "noob" isn't referencing to the noobmariner, I don't it is what you say it is. But then again....i don't know shit. Oh and one more difference is that although not genuine bezel construction, it still fits the an unmodified Clarks insert just by snapping it on, something that noobmariner couldn't do without the aid of some type of adhesive.

arcadia

11/8/11
My previous Clark pearl looked okay but the lume is ahhh...never mind. If this is really Clark, then kudos.