• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shipping charges across the world....makes no sense

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
I sent out a 16610 rep crown to a member in the UK. The CHEAPEST method in a padded envelope was like $6.75 USD.

How the **** does price angles or any other Chinese watch company make money sourcing, packaging and mailing a complete cheap watch over to the states for $3.50 total ??

http://www.priceangels.com/I-Love-You-Gesture-Round-Dial-Rubber-Strap-Analog-Watch--Blue--s536870

I mean don't they have to pay shipping costs somewhat in line with ours ? Does our postal service not get any subsidies from their end delivering Chinese products here ? Can the dealer pay 30 cents to ship it and once it gets over here, our postal service has to deliver it for free ? I just don't understand.....anyone know how the postal system works ?

Luthier

30/9/09
Airmail from China for padded envelope or small package cost around $2,50-$3,20.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
I don't get this as well. I previously purchased something from ebay for a total of $1USD that was shipped from China. How is it even possible?

Luthier

30/9/09
Now you understand, how "much" regular chinese workers earn...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
How do they then sell this spiderman watch for $1.69 total, shipped to the USA, BTW ebay takes about 10% of that 1.69 sale too.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spider-Man-...622585085?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5af2eba0fd
They have a deal due to the 1000s of items they ship. Postage on that was probably around 50 cents.

Yes the postal service of your country does get a fee for delivery but it's a lump sum not per item and it amounts to stuff all. One of the reasons postage from OZ is so high is we are paying to cover all the stuff being mailed in which far outweighs the stuff going out.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I have noticed this too, so as the wife as she has purchased a few things on eBay for 99p delivered from China.

Ok, the things the wife has purchased are fingernail related items, but 99p delivered, and with tracking number, words fail me.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Aren't there bulk rates in the US ? I know feeds and UPS give major discounts to large shippers. Companies make money off shipping charges these days.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yes there are, not as cheap as China of cause but certainly cheaper than you or I can get. Like anything the more postage you buy the cheaper it gets.