• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First DOA

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Just took delivery of my new Pam 505. Watch looks great, only problem, it is DOA! Won't fire up at.. Have wound it a few times, gentle knock on the side...Nothing. First doa I have had. Bummer, think I will need to send it back.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
well that suck. now the real question is, how did it even passed qc in the first place?

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Sent one back. Paid $24 to ship. Took 3 months and still did not work. Find local or trusted tech here.

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
I received a DOA 2836 on Friday. I was able to have it fixed locally -- the balance wheel got knocked out of alignment during shipping and it was a 15 minute repair.

fpharryc

Known Member
11/4/12
Shipping watch to China is very risky. I would suggest local repair or talk to Katts if you are CONUS.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Looks like the hairspring has detached, have taken it to my watchsmith to see if he can repair it. TD(Ryan from InTime) has been great to deal with re repair. The 505 build is even nicer that the 388.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Do yourself a big favour, and listen to the advice given. Never send a watch back to China with a simple issue. Always get it fixed local or by a modded/watchsmith on the forums. It will save you money, time, and patience.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
In the last 18 months I have sent 2 watches back without any drama. Used EMS, taken only 5 days from NZ to China. Never for a DOA though. I negotiated with the TD to have a replacement sent same time I sent the faulty one back. Always been polite and provided plenty of photos of faulty watch. Also helps that I only use one or two TD's and we have developed some trust( maybe it's the $300-400 I spend a month with them)

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Just took delivery of my new Pam 505. Watch looks great, only problem, it is DOA! Won't fire up at.. Have wound it a few times, gentle knock on the side...Nothing. First doa I have had. Bummer, think I will need to send it back.
hay Chris, sorry to hear your watch DOA...drop your dealer an email, i m sure he is more happy to replace you one. (but you probably have to bear shipping and risk)

Cheers

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
So I take said dead 505 to my friendly watch-smith...his son tells me he is away for for a month! Son is a watch-smith too, only not so understanding about repairing reps as his Dad.
His Dad looks after a guys collection of 90+ Rolex reps, services them, replaces tubes, stems and the like. He showed me the photos of this guys collection, all cataloged.
Son has agreed to have a look"when he can"

I think my 505 is cursed :facepalm::thud: