• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II - PT QC pics - kindly advise

iamgaius

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/12
Hi fellas, recently got my QC pics from PT , aside from asking angled shots showing crown logo and triangle indices alignment are there other things i should be concern?

I think the lume on the GMT hand is quite sloppy?

iamthestig

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Bezel markers look sloppy

Take a look at this replica below that I found on the forum, fine example of a good Explorer II

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
I'm sure this is a Noob version. A few issues that i see on this watch might be due to poorly taken photo and the angle of it. Maybe you can request a few more clear and close up photos from your dealer to decide whether is this good to go.

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
The bezel numbers are too deep and the paint curves inwards, really poor, different angle isn't going to change that ;)

Mako88

25/7/13
Cyclops looks low or is that from a small vertical angle?

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Looks OK, cyclops might be a bit off.
Don't necessarily think you'll get better.

iamgaius

28/2/12
Thanks everyone, i shall heed all your comments.

At first I also this might not be a Noob or it somebody else reject they are trying to dispose, it a good thing you guys are here to guide us noobs. Kudos

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Guys, I honestly have no idea what you are all talking about. There is nothing wrong with the bezel on this watch. The lume looks absolutely fine to me as well. You are seeing reflections from a bright light at an angle. These are also macro shots as well which emphasize things you think are flaws. Not only is this watch a good example, but SELs are tight and the cyclops is lined up nicely. I would accept this watch.

BTW, we have a rule against posting QC pictures because you end up getting comments from people nitpicking about flaws they think might be there just for the hell of it. There are definitely watches that have flaws worthy of rejection during QC, this is NOT one of them. Remember, it's a $240 replica. It is never going to be perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Guys, I honestly have no idea what you are all talking about. There is nothing wrong with the bezel on this watch. The looks absolutely fine to as well. You are seeing reflections from a bright light at an angle.

Didn't i say that it might be due to the photo and the angle of it taken?:thud:

rolo1

10/1/07
Good looking one - no obvious flaws
Would take it- Don't start nitpicking too much :)

Mickey Padge

Renowned Member
7/9/06
This doesn't look like a noob version, unless they changed the paint and engraving method used, speaking as somebody who has both factory cases in hand right now ;)

Seriously, the paint job on the bezel is off, and looks terrible, fact :)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Guys, I honestly have no idea what you are all talking about. There is nothing wrong with the bezel on this watch. The lume looks absolutely fine to me as well. You are seeing reflections from a bright light at an angle. These are also macro shots as well which emphasize things you think are flaws. Not only is this watch a good example, but SELs are tight and the cyclops is lined up nicely. I would accept this watch.

BTW, we have a rule against posting QC pictures because you end up getting comments from people nitpicking about flaws they think might be there just for the hell of it. There are definitely watches that have flaws worthy of rejection during QC, this is NOT one of them. Remember, it's a $240 replica. It is never going to be perfect.

+1

Enough of these QC pics. Use YOUR eyes.

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
Looks good to me, I've got a black dial and a white dial Exp 2, lume on both is worse(viewed in macro photo)than this, but you can't notice it without magnification. Bezel is easy enough to repaint, and rehaut engraving looks good too, I'd take it

Toycarsmy

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/4/13
this is my exp II from Noob v2, you can see the picture for comparison. The bezel fonts are different.

Minus the deep scratch on 24 I knocked on door :(

2013-08-22102051.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
This looks like the poorer BP version if I'm honest. Unless the way they make the bezel has changed.