• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My 4 Rollies...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
It's taken me a couple of years or so, and a few duff deals on the way, but I think I've hit my 'sweet spot' on my Rolex collection. I've decided to keep it at 4 for now until someone decides to bring out a 'perfect' 116610 (I'm not holding my breath!).

Wristies (in no particular order)...

PT 1680 'white'

Mods: Sternkreuz T19 crystal, rep 702 crown, UV dial fade, case/bracelet aging/softening

BP 16600 (v2?)

Mods: Clarks hands, TC bracelet, case seal and pressure test

BP Sub C 'No Date' (v2)

Mods: Noob Sub C bracelet, case seal and pressure test

Noob Explorer II 42 'Polar'

Mods: Absolutely none!

I know I should probably swap the Sub C for a DJ or something, but there's something about the diver bezel that I find irresistible and bezeless watches do very little for me. The current darling of the collection is the Noob Exp II (check out my review :cheer:); ironically enough this is the rep that cost me the least money and is probably the closest to gen!

Along with my gen PO 42 and Speedy, this lot should keep me going for a few months. Maybe once the Noob boys have sorted out the LM PO 42 dial I may treat myself. Here's hoping...

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
A 14060 would make a very nice complete sub collection.

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
You modded also the bezel of the Sub C NoDate, right? With enamel color did you use? Looks incredible!

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
My fav of the lot is the SD. mmmmm. . . But please re-align that dial :-D Shes leaning left more than Beyoncé :-D lovely dial with very correct rim thickness and shape on 9, 6 and 12 -a rarity. is it an older noob dial? Sure looks the part, as does the deeply cut bezel.

Envy from here.

:cheers:

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
My fav of the lot is the SD. mmmmm. . . But please re-align that dial :-D Shes leaning left more than Beyoncé :-D lovely dial with very correct rim thickness and shape on 9, 6 and 12 -a rarity. is it an older noob dial? Sure looks the part, as does the deeply cut bezel.

Envy from here.

:cheers:

Thanks buddy - I can assure you the dial is bang on straight ;-)

IMG_3541_zpsfe45e6f9.jpg

Only one thing bugs me about my BP SD - the bezel rotation is loose and cheap feeling, with loads of play. Has anyone tried replacing the click spring!

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
You modded also the bezel of the Sub C NoDate, right? With enamel color did you use? Looks incredible!

No mate - straight out of the box. I'm never really sure why people make such a big deal about doing a platinum paint mod. The stock inserts numerals look pretty close to my eyes.

IMG_3553_zpsa9e545b4.jpg

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Thanks buddy - I can assure you the dial is bang on straight ;-)

IMG_3541_zpsfe45e6f9.jpg

Only one thing bugs me about my BP SD - the bezel rotation is loose and cheap feeling, with loads of play. Has anyone tried replacing the click spring!

Is that the same watch? :hehehe:

Jokes aside, that just goes to show how much pictures can distort things...

As for the bezel, I have used the one from watchmaterial, which is nice, esp with ever so slight rounding of the edge. But I have held enough gens with very sloppy and uneven turning bezels to not worry too much about this anymore :)

Get a new spring and turn away for a small habit a few days and it will be good :) Rolexes just feel cheap in this regard when 10 years or so old :-D The ring below the spring is also VERY important, and dont know where, but you get them in varying thicknesses - I have a few lying around that each make for a different feel, and some just feel better along with certain watches :)

A cheap but effective trick to get a smoother(I know this is not what you need) turning bezel, is the gently shmeer candle-wax on the bezel ring and inside of bezel. .You dont want a lot, and it will inevitably throw off a bit of particles for a day or two, but this stuff never dries completely nor does it run, and makes for a slightly more quality feeling when turning :)

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Love your Rollie collection! It would be hard to decide which to wear every morning :)

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
So one year on and I still appear to have 4 Rollies in my collection. Did any survive from my last SOTC collection I hear you ask? What do you reckon

v3 Noob Sub C

Pretty much from stock - very tempted to Frankenize but oh so expensive. Very well made watch - just wish the bezel insert was less painted on and more engraved. It'll keep me going until the v5 comes out!

BP SD

TC dial, hands, crown, bracelet, v4 DW etc. Probably my most gen-like rep and the only Rollie that I own that I feel comfortable not being called out with.

PT 1665 DRSD

This replaced my PT 1680 and is probably a slightly better rep. The T39 crystal and Athaya crown really finish the watch off nicely.

Trevor 5517 Milsub

Not exactly gen-like authenticity here, but I love the sword hands and 60 minute markers on the insert. I've got this one earmarked for a new dial, hands and movement in the not-too-distant-future.

Thanks for looking - I wonder if I'll have any of these this time next year watch this space...

Cleanboy

Renowned Member
28/7/14
Wow you really like rolex .. Same as me . Why not get a blue version or gmt2 ?
the blue rolex also look nice.