• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How's the 16613 from Puretime?

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Good point watchguy! I agree, Sead's date is too far right!

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Puretime dial has to much space between ends of indices and rehaut :-( For this model the current best factory model imo is the noob, though that is not really good :-( Wait for a nice used one. But try to beat me to it ;-) Been looking for a good one for a while.

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Good point watchguy! I agree, Sead's date is too far right!

This was also the case with MBK :-/ Also the gold print on dial is really shabby on most of these, apart from noob. Almost as bad as stock TW dials :facepalm:

GMTlover

27/12/12
Sead is not BP, he said this on RWG also not noob but other factory he said

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
Angus said his was BP. Sead didn't answer the question when someone asked if his was BP on the thread he listed the watch under.

I thought I read that Angus said noob isn't making 16613's anymore?

Can anyone confirm this? Anyone have a pic of one?

Of the two I still think sead's is more accurate.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Angus said his was BP. Sead didn't answer the question when someone asked if his was BP on the thread he listed the watch under.

I thought I read that Angus said noob isn't making 16613's anymore?

Can anyone confirm this? Anyone have a pic of one?

Of the two I still think sead's is more accurate.

In the noob 116610 thread angus said the noob would be coming out with a 16610 in the future that would compete with TCs 16610!! Not sure how true it is but he did say it. Most likely a new 16613 would be in the works also then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
In the noob 116610 thread angus said the noob would be coming out with a 16610 in the future that would compete with TCs 16610!! Not sure how true it is but he did say it. Most likely a new 16613 would be in the works also then.

Weeeellll, the noob dials are still ace in my book, and nothing beats the smoothness of lume applied at a high quality factory with high quality machinery, which Noob arguably has:) If they just got the lume around the same grade as the new exp II,and finally got those freakin CGs right along with a gen construction, which is no harder to machine than what they put out now, we could have a winner. .

But do we want a mass-market winner? Do we really? If every man and his neighbor was to start bringing near-perfect reps home from vacations, where would that leave us?

That being said I dont think noobs are flowing too much around the streets anywhere, which is good in my book.. . If noobs can be kept more or less TD exclusive, then hooray for progress:) A good 16613 would sell EXTREMELY well!

tictoc21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
Just to go back for a moment to the question of plated vs. wrapped. I have three tu tone subs, the Bk WM9 which is wrapped, a Noob wrapped 16613 and a noob plated 116613. The two wrapped watches have gold on the sides of the links while the plated ceramic sub does not. The Noob 16613 cost about $100 more than the Noob 116613. The plated is fine but the wrapped is much better and more durable.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Seads is shit, the BP one is hands down better.....

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
BP as in angus' version rsh?

The question of whether there is a current noob version still hasn't been answered.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Yes, whatever PT sells is better, angus calls it BP. The noob factory does not seem to make the 2 tone anymore.

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
Thanks for clarifying.
Assuming the pics I previously posted of angus' and sead's versions were correct, why is angus' better?

Guide us w your infinite wisdom :)

Btw, reg just emailed me back, he confirmed that mbk's are only made in black/gold now, no longer blue. :(

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Thanks for clarifying.
Assuming the pics I previously posted of angus' and sead's versions were correct, why is angus' better?

Guide us w your infinite wisdom :)

Btw, reg just emailed me back, he confirmed that mbk's are only made in black/gold now, no longer blue. :(

Where can you get a MBK?

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
narikaa. Shoot him an email. Too bad they're only in black, I think those are an abomination compared to the blue

Criegg

Renowned Member
23/4/13
Florida
Where can you get a MBK?

Just a little FYI. The newer MBKs do not have a gen constructed case nor have the quality of the older versions. I have seen the newer black ones and all of the rehauts are wokky. Plus, the gold bracelet does NOT match the bezel or crown gold color.. It has more of a rose gold tint that does not match the yellow gold of the bezel and crown..

The older MBKs are extremely hard to come by as only a few people still have them.. Subjeff being one of them cause I just sold him one a week ago :criegg: