• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Swiss prices going CRAZY

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Supply and demand.

Sellita are the next best alternative now and they are trying to increase production. they will definitely take this chance to increase their prices as complete ebauches are difficult to source.

Exactly, and this is what is really making me mad, the sellita prices going up, not because Sellita is a better product or Sellita is harder to get, but because ETA is harder to get.

I guess its a good business decision, but i dont like it.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I was aware of that Luthier, and i knew the ETA prices were going to go up.

I just wasnt expecting the Sellita prices to go up as much or more than the ETAs.

As far as my 2824 replacement is concerned, i am currently considering one of TCs 2824 superclones now. But im not sure if his movement, with the #4 cannon pinion, will work in an omega, which was set up for a 2824. Im thinking the #4 cannon pinion, with a spacer, makes his movement a direct replacement for a 2836 (to correct the difference in stem height).

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
If your Omega was set up for 2824, why you need spacer?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I dont need a spacer, I think his movement is set up to use a spacer to make it the same as a 2836.

Im afraid with the #4 cannon pinion, and no spacer, the hands will sit too high up, and if i do use a spacer, to correct that, i think the stem height might be off.

ikugan

Renowned Member
25/5/10
Are the eta movements really worth the extra money when the clones are becoming more reliable?

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
Its esp worth it if you're getting into gen parts frankens and have a keeper.. Why spend thousands on gen parts and have a $100 mvmt running it? When it gets messed up, u pay double to fix it, thats supposing ur watchsmith has parts.

Eta parts are avail still easily, whole mew movements however are a different story

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Are the eta movements really worth the extra money when the clones are becoming more reliable?

Not in my opinion but dealers are selling them because of a reason. People still buy them.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Sellita and Soprod are reliable alternatives with good aftersales service

ikugan

Renowned Member
25/5/10
I guess opinions will vary. I'm not a modder, and imho I don't believe gen movements are worth the money. I can also see where some folks will find value in them, if they have franken projects at hand, or plan on doing so in the future. I'm into reps, I pay for what I hope will last me my moneys worth, and if it konks out, then so be it.