• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I proudly present you my Franken UPO (pic heavy)!!!!!!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I just changed to the bracelet after 8-9 months on rubber,so bump it up!!!!!!

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Looks hot as hell, love it !

Question:
Does the gen dial you got, mean you have gen lume as well??
Didnt know if they were "connected."

sunnydale

29/8/09
Free Bump for a great project! I am starting similar again :) Gen bezel, crystal, hands, DW already in, looking for a gen dial now.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Free Bump for a great project! I am starting similar again :) Gen bezel, crystal, hands, DW already in, looking for a gen dial now.

Thank you buddy!

Cant wait for the new product! I am pretty sire it will be as awesome as the first one.

LIBBY

Known Member
8/12/06
I love frankens! Love this project. I'm looking for a V5 42mm to get started on mine!

bc1221

30/4/14
I actually prefer the later POs with the applied markers but wow. This is a beautiful watch.
Is that a gen bracelet? Or is it the BP? I know the noob ones don't round off at the end links and yours seems to. Either way, enjoy that watch sir.

You have quite the franken omega collection.

I'm jealous. Esp at the SMP and speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vamshi2007

Renowned Member
5/12/14
(Update on 12/02/2012: I just removed the old crappy ones, cause they didn't give justice to the beauty and added the best i had!)

Hello to all RWI members. Today is my biggest day in rep history as my first franken project arrived at my hands. Its a Franken UPO 5th gen. The assembly was made by our watch smith Uwe (Fine dd). Let me give you the details on this one:

Gen Dial and Hands
Gen Crystal
Gen Crown and Stem
Gen HE valve
Gen Rubber Strap
Gen Date Wheel
Swiss Eta 2824-2
And pearl mod,Q5?s' way, i bought a gen used smp bezel, removed the pearl and installed it on an aftermarket insert with smaller and centered pearl (info given by Inushuk).

I sent everything to Uwe for installation and waterproof of the watch and after a few days he started working on my parts and keeping me updated.

Uwe did a wonderful work, the pearl looks good ,not gen, but much better than before. There are thought a few scratches around it as you can see i hope i will manage to remove them using a cape cloth or something. After 5 days the watch is now in my hands and i am really thrilled. Gen crystal and dial are simple amazing, i just cant take my eyes of it. Besides that, there is only one thing i dont like and that is the crown. As you will see at my pictures there is a gab between the crown and the case, i am not sure that there is one at the gen, possibly that is a case problem i think. And the last point before going on to the pics is the gap bettween the case and the strap. I also don't know if its because of the springs bars or the holes arent just in the proper position... Straight to the pics!

DSC01885.jpg

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01961.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

Some indoor lighting, the crystal looks damn nice!

DSC01550-1.jpg

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

And some wristshots...

DSC02212.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

And finally a couple of lume shots! Gen dial rocks!!!

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

I hope you like it, please any comments are welcome,let me know if you like it!!!

I have to thank you Uwe for bringing it to life and Q5? and Inushuk for the info and for my economical disaster hehehe...

I stumbled upon this thread trying to learn about the PO and i just in love with it after i saw your photos