• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fiddy Love: New 372 vs. 127 (Pics)

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
Been sitting there hitting refresh in m2m for the last 2 months waiting for the elusive Noob 127 "Fiddy" to show up? Still waiting for the TDs to get more stock? The Fiddy is a class act and those of us lucky to own one of the Noob 127s will tell you that this is a PAM of all PAMs!

Don't fret! The latest "Angus Edition" of the 372 is just as nice an option as any for any of you who want that badass fiddy and want it NOW!

And Yes... The latest version does have correct chroming on screws and on hand plate. It wears just as nice as the 127 and is just as solid a feel.

If you want a Fiddy, here it is, but don't take my word for it, let the pics do the talking... (NOTE: 127 on Left/372 on Right)

fiddy.001.jpg

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
great collection! thanks for sharing! what size wrist do you have?

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
My wrist size is not very large - just at around 7.2" - 7.5" but since I have big hands (in comparison to my wrist) and standing 6'3" - the big watches feel right to me. :)

great collection! thanks for sharing! what size wrist do you have?

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
Another note about the 372... The rep strap is actually decent. Not as good as some of the premium straps out there obviously, but this is one of the few times I put on a rep (aside from most rubber and metal straps/bracelets) and thought to myself "I am not really in a hurry to replace or toss this strap..."

Just my opinion, anyway...

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Well... Close, but no cigar...
Fiddy has seconds hand. 372 has not.
Fiddy has highly decorated movement. 372 has not.
I'm in contact with a few (not one!!!) dealers, and they all promised me - Next month... and I hear it for at least 3 months already...
But!!! My brand new Fiddy is in the mail from NCRich already. And he getting my blue SOH V2.
:p

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
Well... Close, but no cigar...
Fiddy has seconds hand. 372 has not.
Fiddy has highly decorated movement. 372 has not.
I'm in contact with a few (not one!!!) dealers, and they all promised me - Next month... and I hear it for at least 3 months already...
But!!! My brand new Fiddy is in the mail from NCRich already. And he getting my blue SOH V2.
:p

Totally agree on that, but the thing about the 372 - the gen doesn't have the seconds hand etc either... I guess, I like it because it's like a cross between my favorite base 112 with the 127 size. Clearly I already have the 127, but will keep the 372 as well.

Both good... And for the sake of those awaiting the 127... I hope you are right! Every PAM lover should have one :)

Best!

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
will the giddy ever be produced again? I'm after one but its next to impossible to find

Perry

12/5/07
I was lucky to buy the 127 and 217 as a package deal from Angus when they were first offered, Now I also have the 372. Would not think of selling any of them. All great watches and I feel privileged to own them all.

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
I was lucky to buy the 127 and 217 as a package deal from Angus when they were first offered, Now I also have the 372. Would not think of selling any of them. All great watches and I feel privileged to own them all.

They are all great!!! Congrats on having all 3!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
372 more beautiful. Unfortunately the movement is wrong.

Leaving aside the 6497 which is a clone (and despite that has some evident flaws) all Panerai movements in replicas are somehow wrong.

But it is the same in a high percentage of reps

Threfore this should not be an obstacle

ALE

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
Leaving aside the 6497 which is a clone (and despite that has some evident flaws) all Panerai movements in replicas are somehow wrong.

ALE

Well said sir! :)

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12

ALE

I Just wait for the v2 :D

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
You sounds like you don't even know what is the difference between both movement. You can wait for V21 and hope that they can rep the movement 1:1 correctly.