• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch has arrived with an issue

Alcander

19/6/13
Hi guys.

Just received a Milgauss from a TD, very nice indeed. Good experience dealing with Trevor as well as other times.

But there is one issue with the watch, you can see in the capture:

elnz.jpg

I´m sure Trevor will work with me on this issue, but
What should be the next steps now?

As usual, thanks for your help.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Let me guess.... write an email to Trevor?

What did I win?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
First you should pull the movement stem out to the hack position before it causes any more damage.

Then, if there's no damage other than the loose dial marker, either take it to a watch repair or pull the movement out and re-glue the marker. If the dial's already damaged, plan on shipping it back to Trevor. It's a very simple repair.

Alcander

19/6/13
First you should pull the movement stem out to the hack position before it causes any more damage.

Then, if there's no damage other than the loose dial marker, either take it to a watch repair or pull the movement out and re-glue the marker. If the dial's already damaged, plan on shipping it back to Trevor. It's a very simple repair.

Ok thank you very much for your answer.
The watch was moving when I collected, but I pulled to the hack position.
I hope there is no damage anything else.

Alcander

19/6/13
The dealer offers me replace with another watch or ship me a new dial..
Is very difficult to replace the dial? I have no idea ¿?

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
Give it to a watch Smith to do. What happened to your watch isn't Trevor's fault. In fact he is being very nice sending you another dial

Alcander

19/6/13
Give it to a watch Smith to do. What happened to your watch isn't Trevor's fault. In fact he is being very nice sending you another dial

Of course, I agree with you in this point, I have also thought it.
It is the first time something like this happens to me :facepalm:

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The dealer offers me replace with another watch or ship me a new dial..
Is very difficult to replace the dial? I have no idea ¿?

It should cost about the same to have it changed as the freight back to China would be. And, no, it's not difficult if you have the tools and some experience. You have to take out the movement, then remove the hands, then replace the dial and put it all back together again.

Alcander

19/6/13
It should cost about the same to have it changed as the freight back to China would be. And, no, it's not difficult if you have the tools and some experience. You have to take out the movement, then remove the hands, then replace the dial and put it all back together again.

If the cost is the same, I will send it by air mail and hope he can send me another one in good condition when returned this one :facepalm:
I have neither the tools nor the experience.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
My advice is to have Trevor send you a new dial and get a watchsmith to change it for you. Might cost you a little bit for the changing fee but at least it is faster and less possibilty to screw it up changing the dial.

There are quite a few EU based modder and watchsmith here, just look around and ask around. Even if it is a one to one exchange, to and fro from China will at least takes you a month or two.

Just my opinion, you decide it yourself.

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
With a little reading you could handle this and be wearing it today. It is really a non-event.

Alcander

19/6/13
Do not know what to do.

On the one hand pay shipping and wait almost two months for the new watch and return to fear by customs

Or wait until he send a new dial and find a watchmaker that change it ..

Or find a watchmaker that reattach the piece with glue

It is a crossroads

He said the best option is to send a new dial

Calibre16

31/1/12
Is your current dial unscratched?

If yes, then tell Trevor to send you the new dial, find a watchsmith that can change the dials for you, and then sell the old dial with the marker in the sales section, if it's unscratched, it's really a very simple fix, someone may want to buy it and that way you'll get some of the money you paid the watchsmith, back.

Alcander

19/6/13
Is your current dial unscratched?

If yes, then tell Trevor to send you the new dial, find a watchsmith that can change the dials for you, and then sell the old dial with the marker in the sales section, if it's unscratched, it's really a very simple fix, someone may want to buy it and that way you'll get some of the money you paid the watchsmith, back.

I appreciate your answer, but I'd like to keep it.
Think I'll wait for the new dial or ask a local watchmaker with this issue and the actual dial.
Apparently all is well and the piece seems was under pressure?

p1kq.jpg

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
It's easy to glue marker back, any watchsmith can do it. But not every watchsmith can straighten word "superlative".
;)

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
For my 0.02, I'd say teach yourself to do this repair. It's about as simple as it gets, and it will defo happen to you again.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
For my 0.02, I'd say teach yourself to do this repair. It's about as simple as it gets, and it will defo happen to you again.
+1
Definitely one of the most common happening you can have to rep in transit...