• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs seizure Ireland....

Patooo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/13
Dublin-ish
Hi guys. I recently ordered a rep from a TD who advised shipping to Ireland by EMS rather than FedEx/Ups which I usually prefer. Anyhow, the last tracking info said it was handed over to customs... That was days ago.. I made contact with the Irish postal service who repeated the tracking info and said this is most likely seized for unpaid duty or as being a counterfeit.... Does anyone from Ireland/UK know what's likely to happen now? Do they just seize/destroy the goods or do they prosecute for importing counterfeit goods? I always just thought of them as replicas til the guy from the postal service said 'counterfeit'.... Thanks, Patoo.

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
NEVER CALL CUSTOMS :spank: Wait for a letter or the watch. The guy who answered the phone doesn't know squat. Customs check is usual.

Patooo

26/6/13
Dublin-ish
NEVER CALL CUSTOMS :spank: Wait for a letter or the watch. The guy who answered the phone doesn't know squat. Customs check is usual.

I might be green, but I ain't green enough to call those guys lol

The postal service were my point of contact and as soon as I heard its likely seized I did some searching here and resolved to let matters lie....

Anyhow, thanks for that..... Wait and see I guess!!!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Nothing is certain until you either receive the package or a letter from customs. Receive a letter saying you need to pay duty, then pay the duty and consider yourself lucky. Receive a letter asking you to confirm contents then ignore or tell them to return to sender.

Patooo

26/6/13
Dublin-ish
Nothing is certain until you either receive the package or a letter from customs. Receive a letter saying you need to pay duty, then pay the duty and consider yourself lucky. Receive a letter asking you to confirm contents then ignore or tell them to return to sender.

Duly noted with thanks!!!:popcorn:

Pannyforme

Renowned Member
27/8/08
so far iv only relied upon fedex / dhl for my reps in ireland.so far so good

Marcuslen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
1/5/13
I agree with bonesey, call upon notification when you turn up state its not yours, reject it . Than contact td ask him to dismantle the watch, movement dial, hands in a package and case and strap on its own and will send them again, Fedex are super duper mate.

Patooo

26/6/13
Dublin-ish
Good advice guys... So far as I can see EMS now has no benefits....relatively slow and just as likely to draw attention to itself... Booooo.... :-(

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Hi there. This is a worryingly development as watches have never caused any customs issues in Ireland before. The only thing I saw them seize were beats by dre headphones.

Anyway, what happens is that if it it seized (which it may not be it may be waiting to be released from customs), they will send you a letter telling you they have seized the watch and if they hear nothing from you they assume its ok to destroy it. There will be no further trouble for you except the watch will be gone.

Patooo

26/6/13
Dublin-ish
Thanks to everyone for the input..... No further update on tracking status but if anything further occurs I'll definitely update the post.... Thanks again guys...

roscosera

11/7/11
Hi patooo,

I am from ireland. My broth had two dssd seized by customs. They were sent direct from a non trusted dealer.
He got a letter from customs. Had to eat the loss of 600 notes.
I always prefer to buy pre owned watches from forum members.

Patooo

26/6/13
Dublin-ish
Oooooooh! That's a pain!!! Well I certainly won't use EMS again anyhow. Slow to deliver and not as safe as the TD claimed!!

The other thing is that someone mentioned that if customs DID seize it, my address will be flagged..... I don't really know how that works tbh...

Did your brother get a formal letter? I'm
Guessing he got one giving him 10 days to object to destruction..... Of the watch...not of himself....

roscosera

11/7/11
He definitely got a formal letter alright. Can't remember much more in terms of details. I remembered he was asking me if there was any kind of representation he could make to the customs. But I told him to cut his losses and consult me the next time he wanted to buy watches.

Patooo

26/6/13
Dublin-ish
He definitely got a formal letter alright. Can't remember much more in terms of details. I remembered he was asking me if there was any kind of representation he could make to the customs. But I told him to cut his losses and consult me the next time he wanted to buy watches.

Kinda like the godfather of replica watches to him then? :):raji:

Patooo

26/6/13
Dublin-ish
Hey guys! I just wanted to update this.... My package arrived after 15 days in customs.....looks clearly like it was opened....but a BP sub c has made it through...and for that I am very grateful.

Thanks for the support.....!

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Great to hear a good outcome, now enjoy your rep and decide on the next:hehehe:

hahahanono

20/3/13
My watch got stuck in custom too and i recieve Notice arrival of post letter, and it says JLC watch as well :( hope i will get lucky