• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed with problem

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
I have a eta 2824-2 in a IWC mkvii and the issue is with the date. Setting the date and time is as should without issue. But when I screw the crown in the date keeps changing then half way from crown fully tighten the click out of the date change happens. Just looking for advise on what could this be (stem, mechanical adjustment....). Any help would be greatly appreciated before I ask a smith to check it out. Thanks.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Sounds like the stem is too short. Either that or something is hanging up in your keyless works. You're not going back into the winding position.

When you unscrew the crown you should be winding position. The first pull gets you to the date change. When pushing the crown back down to screw it back, it should be pushing the stem back to winding position and out of the date change position.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Can you push in the stem far enough in to engage the wind position? Is this something that just started happening?

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Sounds like the stem is too short. Either that or something is hanging up in your keyless works. You're not going back into the winding position.

When you unscrew the crown you should be winding position. The first pull gets you to the date change. When pushing the crown back down to screw it back, it should be pushing the stem back to winding position and out of the date change position.
Sorry KBH we must have been typing at the same time

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
Thanks for the replys. Yes it winds after the click which happens half way from fully screwing in the crown. When unscrewing the crown it goes into winding then date then time adjust.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Either the keyless is dirty, dry and hanging up or the stem needs to be a tiny bit longer.

If you feel comfortable pulling out the stem, try taking it out of the movement and unscrewing it just a touch, maybe half a turn, to lengthen it. Then put it back in. If that solves the problem you may or may not need to use a bit of threadlocker to keep the stem in that position.

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
I just got this watch from someone else which stated he recieved it from the dealer like that and didn't want to hassle with returning it.

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
Thanks KBH I will either give this a shot or go to the smith with some knowledge of the issue. Again thanks a bunch.