• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs

brentj516

Horology Curious
5/4/13
So my watch has been in US customs for 48 hours. What does that mean? Should it have cleared sooner?? How will I know if it has been seized and what do I do??

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
This varies and tracking is not always accurate. It may be already underway or it might still take a while. Relax - you can't do anything anyway.

brentj516

Horology Curious
5/4/13
Do any of the TD's have policies to help you get another watch or replace the one that got seized, if that is the case?

aneki

31/7/08
Yes, most TD's do this. But 48 hours is nothing, wait a bit more and it will probably fly through.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ive had a package sit in US Customs for a week and a half before clearing.

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
This varies and tracking is not always accurate. It may be already underway or it might still take a while. Relax - you can't do anything anyway.

+1 -- I've had tracking say that an item is still in customs and then have it delivered. I've also had customs open and inspect and still have it delivered. Don't worry about it.

ikugan

Renowned Member
25/5/10
Try checking both USPS and EMS tracking sites. I noticed that there have been times that they have different updates. Just be patient, sitting at the computer and checking the status like a crackhead won't help anyway. I know from experience!

brentj516

Horology Curious
5/4/13
Thanks for the advice. I have been checking both sites. And you are right sitting in front of the computer checking every couple of hours is only making it worse. Guess I need to take up another hobby to help me keep my mind off of this hobby.

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
After a package clears China and is inbound into US customs, track the package on the USPS site, then click 'Get Email Updates.' Then you don't have to be a trackhead looking for your fix, they'll email you every time there's progress.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
48 hours??? Are you kidding us, mate???
Once my watch was in Customs for 30 days!!!

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
My last 2 orders was the first time I saw "inbound into customs" one sat there for 2 days one sat there for almost 8 days. I had 2 in each box. Cheapest rep in any of the 2 boxes was just about 500. So I was nervous as shit about them lol. A process I hope I never have to sit thru again but I know I will again very soon. :facepalm: Like next week.

brentj516

Horology Curious
5/4/13
Well this all makes me feel better. The first time I ordered it went through in 24 hours. Glad you guys could shed some light on this for me. Now I know. Thanks