• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you take the case off??

Woody284

24/3/13
There are some spots on the dial. That a member thinks I could clean with a wet q-tip. But I have no idea on how to take case off to get to dial. Any ideas????

View attachment 26957

Marks are above D in Datograph, and jus above 3 hr marker.

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
You'll have to take the movement out by removing the caseback, stem and then unscrewing the screws that hold it in place. It should just come right out so you can clean it. Be really careful putting the stem back in though because I damaged a movement by pushing it too forcefully.

Woody284

24/3/13
You'll have to take the movement out by removing the caseback, stem and then unscrewing the screws that hold it in place. It should just come right out so you can clean it. Be really careful putting the stem back in though because I damaged a movement by pushing it too forcefully.

So go in from the back?

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
remove crown and stem, open caseback, remove retainer screws, remove movement

Maybe practise that with a cheap watch first... just sayin'

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I can see this going bad real easily.

(or how to turn a minor annoyance into a major problem)

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
The back is always attractive :rofl:

To open it up you should put on some rubber gloves and gently ease it open so you can see inside... Just be careful and remember you will probably break something if you do it yourself for the first time.

Woody284

24/3/13
Yea I can see myself messing up and making a bigger issue then before. But I don't know where I could take it to get fixed

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
Theres a thread called 'how to find a local rep-friendly watchsmith' somewhere