• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Grand Prix V2 n GEN strap, match made in hell?

otts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/08
hey dudes,

just wanna check, i've a GP RG V2 and was thinking to order a Gen strap to spice it up, but i understand it need modding the links? reason being totally different placement of holes? or??

so i'm just wondering whether is it worth the hassle or most would agree the rep strap is top notch and would leave it as that.

cheers!!!

:wyliehelp:

Imaknockov

18/1/11
The lug (lower) holes do indeed need to be modded. It's not hard, but it will require some patience and care to do properly. I would consider it a good investment.

The newer rep strap is certainly very good, and probably the best rep strap I've ever seen, but the gen is still significantly better constructed and more sturdy.

otts

16/12/08
oh man the gurus have spoken! cool!

hmmm..as i was thinking to take this project up the scales and at the same time the XS shorter gen strap would prob be more fitting for my wrist. but i for sure do not hv any knowledge to drill such a delicate piece of metal.

decisions decisions!! arghhhh!!

otts

16/12/08
i was thinking the same, but am not sure on the modding works and who to go to.

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Would a match made in hell be a good or a bad thing?

otts

16/12/08
u tell me dude lol..

btw, how abt any form of gen rubber strap? will they fit?

survivor, schumacher etc..

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
this might be what i would wanna do next. i think i saw some tutorial somewhere on how to put gen strap on. dont recall where though