• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WARNING: NINE MONTHS and counting on a Toro Bravo watch purchase...

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
now that I've read about all these problems , it's time to tell my story..

about two months ago , I placed an order for 4 watches from Toro(2 for me and 2 for a close friend)..

the three of them were (still are) in a perfectly working condition..

but an IWC was broken...dead..
I emailed him and his reply was that he checked it before he had it packed for a couple of days and that it was OK..

his advise was to have my watchsmith to fix it...not a single word about some kind of refund or a possible return and a change with another watch....
and that's what I did...paid 70 euros (90$) to fix it...

why didn't I bring it up earlier?
because it was his word VS mine..
A TD's word VS a simple member...

anyway...I still have the emails (sent and received) in case a mod wants to know more...

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10

I feel your pain brother, but seriously, you have more going for you as a 'mere mortal' than you think when dealing with a TD.... Not to say that the mods or admin will be unfair to either party, but TD's have an obligation to do right by the membership of the fora - Toro is no different.

You should have brought it up, and so should any member with a legitimate issue. ESPECIALLY a VIP member such as yourself... Unfortunatley, many members are too quick to shoot their mouth and act like a retarded 3 year old at the slightest bit of trouble (must be hell for dealers at times, seriously!), but it seems that there are also those at the other end of the scale that are seemingly willing to just be walked on.....

Sorry, but that shit doesn't float with me.

Panasol, mate, get a pm shot off to steelfish, co-axial, COLDI, or Trailboss99 (or all of the above, and in fairness, any of the other mods would be just as helpful) explaining your experience... You may not have much of a chance at compensation now due to the fact that you took it upon yourself to get it fixed, but it's worth letting the guys know anyway.

Hmmm, disappointing. He has his quirks, but at one time Toro was my No.2 go to dealer

FrenchBully

22/6/13
USA
So this still hasn't been resolved? Mods haven't done anything to help?

Not sure if it's just me but I've notice quite of few other TD's having issues with fulfilling orders. I wonder if they are starting to feel the pressures of site closures and raids on facilities. What do you guys think?

remykgl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/13
I had made my first order before I saw some negative reviews of Toro. I was only hoping that every thing will be ok as he refused to send me more QC pics.
I got my watch with some delay due to he didn't use EMS/DHL/FedEx. Now that I have my watch (Exp II), I noticed that the size of the date is thinner than usual. Can't blame Toro as its the same watch on the QC photos. I didn't know that the Noobs Exp II could be so different from TD's, maybe explaines the crazy deals Toro was offering!

Besides that I'm happy with the watch and the comms we had.

View attachment 26423

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I've seen many other TD's respond to threads like this, so far, no feedback from Toro?

toro-service-policy-2.gif~original

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
I tried buying something from Toro's website last week, put in credit card details and all, waited 4 days only to be told transaction had been declined. This only AFTER I enquiree about status of my order for the third time.
Seems the website cannot be trusted so be aware.
Only AFTER I read about his probation, so decided not to buy and wait it out instead.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The Question is ??
Has the OP went through the proper step's to get thing's done?
Like filling a ticket at the help desk,consulting with a mod or amid before going public?
Who said he didn't? He has a right to report on his experience with Toro as much as anyone same as Toro has the right of reply. This is being dealt with (in the last couple of days, before that we were not involved) but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be documented here.

now that I've read about all these problems , it's time to tell my story..

about two months ago , I placed an order for 4 watches from Toro(2 for me and 2 for a close friend)..

the three of them were (still are) in a perfectly working condition..

but an IWC was broken...dead..
I emailed him and his reply was that he checked it before he had it packed for a couple of days and that it was OK..

his advise was to have my watchsmith to fix it...not a single word about some kind of refund or a possible return and a change with another watch....
and that's what I did...paid 70 euros (90$) to fix it...

anyway...I still have the emails (sent and received) in case a mod wants to know more...
Nope, too late now you have had it fixed mate. Why didn't you contact us at the time when we could have done something?

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Look at the silver lining here...you've had plenty of time to rethink wearing that Graham out in public.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
trailboss99 said:
Nope, too late now you have had it fixed mate. Why didn't you contact us at the time when we could have done something?

Cos it was his word vs mine...

Toro was supposed to be if not the best TD out there , at least one of the top three...

There were posts like "the best dealer" , " my fav one" etc floating around..

I thought it would be better to let it go , although I had an "unboxing video" showing that the watch wasn't working..(i always do one when I get a package)

I'm not looking for justice or anything else..I'm just telling my story...what is done , is done..,period...I'll stick to my regular TD and I will be ok..:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Why fill out a help ticket here when he bought it on another forum. Doubt the mods would want to get involved.

How does one buy a watch from a forum? What the hell should it matter when he joined this forum.

Does someone have to join the forum in order to buy a watch from one of the Trusted Dealers?

shandroid

13/9/10
How does one buy a watch from a forum? What the hell should it matter when he joined this forum.

Does someone have to join the forum in order to buy a watch from one of the Trusted Dealers?

Well yeh, sort of... But not really...

Depends if the dealer is trusted on more than one fora... Not all are, you know.

Toro is though, (or was, at least)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06

Small percentage of "members" even bother posting. Many permanent lurkers who just use the forum to gather rep related and TD info but never contribute anything. Some guys never show up until they do have dealer issues and then forced to jump in with both feet. If one wants to reap the benefits of the forum, why not join in and do a little contributing at the same time. Make sense to me :cheers:

frankbank

8/5/11
Toro

I had 2 dealings with Toro and it has been great.....this last round i was going to spend like 2k on 4 watches......now im having second thoughts after reading these post on him

Frank

artloko

Horology Curious
22/8/12
I just receive and email regarding a warranty it been flawless, sorry you having problems for that amount of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alb1

27/7/13
Small percentage of "members" even bother posting. Many permanent lurkers who just use the forum to gather rep related and TD info but never contribute anything. Some guys never show up until they do have dealer issues and then forced to jump in with both feet. If one wants to reap the benefits of the forum, why not join in and do a little contributing at the same time. Make sense to me :cheers:

As a Newb, if find myself not posting much because I know so little.
Hopefully that will change as I learn more. But yes, if you are reaping the benefits of this community, why not be a part of it? I find this forum very nice and informative although a bit confusing at times.

I hope Torobravo takes care of Crimson soon, as he should have in the first place.
There is no excuse for poor dealings.

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
I had a dealing with toro on rep geek 3 months ago. Didn't like the way the transaction. Won't deal with him again.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It really burns me when i read bad experiences, iv had many of my own. When I purchased from toro the transaction was really good. I found that I had paid $400 for a watch that was falsely advertised in the first place, "superior double AR" and so forth, this may not be Toro's faultas he maybe relying on info from the factory. upon receiving it there was single sided light rubbish AR. I'm not sure if the QC photos are taken by toro or the factory but they are very deceiving i couldnt really tell the hands where pressed against each other and very badly scratched, this also effected the timing.

I have sent photos and email but it seems there won't be any help with this, i even offered to pay for new hands. one thing that really pisses me off is the false advertising not to mention deceiving QC photos, I'm mean these faults with my watch especially the hands would have been so obvious in person but they try and get away with sending it to you anyway, a good dealer would pick this and exchange it before sending it in the first place, this is if he wasn't a drop shipper.

Really sorry for the rant guys, I have been a watchmaker for a good part of my life and love this hobby but rep prices are getting higher I hope the quality of service to us all rises along with it. Good luck!

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12

+1