• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wokky???

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13
Where has this word appeared from? I've only ever heard it used to describe a watch's rehaut if it isn't straight. It's very similar to the word wonky and I think it means the same thing doesn't it?

Does anyone know anything more about this strange word? Who coined the word wokky? Maybe it was just a typo of wonky that caught on?

Thanks guys!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Where has this word appeared from? I've only ever heard it used to describe a watch's rehaut if it isn't straight. It's very similar to the word wonky and I think it means the same thing doesn't it?!

Yes the word is wonky and it's british slang. Problem is some do not really know the word so it gets misused.

There is a lot of bludgeoning of the english language these days because no one wants to correct the offenders for fear of offending.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Squiff is another word that means wonky, and not in the dictionary either :lol:

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Yes the word is wonky and it's british slang. Problem is some do not really know the word so it gets misused.

There is a lot of bludgeoning of the english language these days because no one wants to correct the offenders for fear of offending.
+10M
English isn't my native language, but even I can see what some of our members do with their mother's tongue. Disgusting. I'm not even talking about posting "?" at the end of the question...
:p

Albieee

Known Member
26/3/13

I'll never sit there and watch people use it incorrectly, I started this thread for that reason and have since found out that wokky is used to describe something that is wok-like which I can fully accept.

It must just be a coincidence that wokky and wonky are spelt very similarly and mean similar things..

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
I'll never sit there and watch people use it incorrectly, I started this thread for that reason and have since found out that wokky is used to describe something that is wok-like which I can fully accept.

It must just be a coincidence that wokky and wonky are spelt very similarly and mean similar things..

Since wonky means "jacked up" afaik, and a rolex rehaut is not supposed to be "wokky" , you could correctly call it wokky or wonky. :)

DoubleWristed

24/5/12
Oh that was me trying to type Wonky.... TYPO...lol :what:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dr Yan

4/9/09
What's a wok ?

A wok is a thing you twow at wabbits !!!!!

:rofl:

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Is it used to describe a rehaut that should be perpendicular to the dial but is not? The angled, bowl-shaped rehaut...

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
I thought you are talking about this guy

wookie-16745.jpg

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
So, it's possible for a "wanker" to wear a watch with a "wokky" rehaut and "happy feet"...:cheese: