• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

noob and BP sub-c side by side

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Yea I think on the bottom,,,, I've got another but I'm tired of playing with them for now...lol

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Nah,,,, I'm still playing around with these,,, haven't decided I like the sub-c yet,,,, obviously there's still a long way to go before these are real close to gen.....

finally some more experienced members chiming in on the reality here.
thank you sir.

amazing how noob can do so many other brands and models so well but this infuriating, seemingly simple design still eludes.

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
The BP insert will not fit the noob according to RSH , he said the BP insert is thicker than the noob,I know recently he built one of these with mixed parts BP/NOOB .. I would think the bezel assembly is interchangeable, bit IDK for sure yet, BTW Sead is offering these for 10 buck less $318 and I think he may do free shipping with 2 watches ,don't quote me though , I have modded many NOOB sub-c's in the last couple years, I knew when the BP came out it wasn't going to get much better then that, it took noob factory almost 5 years to get it this nice ,when the BP folks almost nailed it the first time! and for less $$

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
The BP insert will not fit the noob according to RSH , he said the BP insert is thicker than the noob,I know recently he built one of these with mixed parts BP/NOOB .. I would think the bezel assembly is interchangeable, bit IDK for sure yet, BTW Sead is offering these for 10 buck less $318 and I think he may do free shipping with 2 watches ,don't quote me though , I have modded many NOOB sub-c's in the last couple years, I knew when the BP came out it wasn't going to get much better then that, it took noob factory almost 5 years to get it this nice ,when the BP folks almost nailed it the first time! and for less $$

they sure did

flin0310

Known Member
11/11/09
I Googled many GEN pics, both SUBs are pretty close to GEN, cus there are pearls and dials similar to Noob or BP from GEN pics...I'm sure that GEN SUBs did minor change for different periods......:)

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
I Googled many GEN pics, both SUBs are pretty close to GEN, cus there are pearls and dials similar to Noob or BP from GEN pics...I'm sure that GEN SUBs did minor change for different periods......:)

GEN!

HrZQJZrl.jpg

mcUY7Ydl.jpg

2OzQIcxl.jpg

:raji:

live1

Banned
25/3/13
your correct ive also seen gen sub c with bp looking pearl.and even sub c with the pearl from non ceramic subs,and lastly ive seen subs with the noob v2 pearl.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Has anyone tried a WSO insert?,,,,, the insert really bothers me on both noob and BP.... neither rep insert looks right! There's got to be a better insert for these to look anywhere close to good....

Rudy40

Banned
6/10/12
Has anyone tried a WSO insert?,,,,, the insert really bothers me on both noob and BP.... neither rep insert looks right! There's got to be a better insert for these to look anywhere close to good....

Trever also offer's a Sub C ceramic insert that everyone raves about!
Never owed one or ordered one but have heard good thing!
:RWI:

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
hey does anybody notice something wrong with the NOOB hour hand? it looks flat? on the gen and BP and most reps it is slightly curved on the top surface, this is a big tell for me, can anyone check there noob V2 with a loupe and see if it is flat or curved?

live1

Banned
25/3/13
what do you mean flat,i just looked at the pics of noob next to bp,hour hand looks same

wepiii

18/12/12
hey does anybody notice something wrong with the NOOB hour hand? it looks flat? on the gen and BP and most reps it is slightly curved on the top surface, this is a big tell for me, can anyone check there noob V2 with a loupe and see if it is flat or curved?

You will know for sure soon enough, I am gonna overnight you mine tomorrow!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I relatively happy with the watch I have but the insert and pearls on both are just garbage...

I've ordered this one from Parnis but can't tell until it gets to me because the picks aren't that great....

mitchbaria

15/10/12
If the Parnis isn't good I'm going to order this one.... but I'm afraid it's also Parnis just a different seller but the pic actually looks good..... it's about $76. Bucks

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Both of these look a million times better then there ones on our reps!

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
what do you mean flat,i just looked at the pics of noob next to bp,hour hand looks same

the Mercedes part of the hour hand on gen rolexes and most reps is concave on its top surface thus it reflects the light from its side since it slopes down , the noob hand looks completely flat in the pictures ,if so a set of BP hands would be more correct, but of course depends on how picky you are ..LOL

live1

Banned
25/3/13
oh yeah i just looked at my wrist,the merc sign bends round on the sides.good eye

mitchbaria

15/10/12
This is where I am, I'm convinced that I can't use the bp dial because of the printing, just gives to much, and I may change over to the bp hands, but the noob bezel and crystal are totally wrong so that rules out the noob case set... I'm very happy with where I'm at but bothe inserts are totally wrong and that why Pill is so against this watch and I can't blame him.. To hear noobs squawk for weeks about a watch with a weak insert is frustrating. My bp, my noob, my prototype! Come on fellows all these are equally bad,,, you have to order two watches to make one descent one and then your stuck with no insert! What a disappointment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk