• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it possible to change the rotor on a Tag rep?

kenwashere

Known Member
28/7/13
Hey everyone,

I recently ordered a Tag Calibre 16 CV2014 here recently from Trevor, and judging by the photos on Trevor's website, I believe the back of the Tag rep I bought uses the old, solid rotor (I'll double-check once I receive the QC photos from him).

However, upon looking at the other CV2014 models, it appears that they all use the cut-out style rotor, shown here (just to clarify, this one is gen):

Would it be possible to source one of those cut-out style rotors and replace the solid one?

I did read this on another thread regarding the Tag reps:
"indeed, i dont imagine any of the A7750 rotor bearings are even close to looking like a gen, shame . i could make some killer frankens if A7750 pieces were fully compatible with valjoux"

Can anyone confirm? I'd really like to franken this Tag as much as possible. :cheers:

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Like mine?

SAM_0765_zps5692f054.jpg

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
They are not cheap and hard to come by.

I have one CV2014 with gen rotor and silver screws and gen datewheel. Then I have one with a Swiss 7750 as per what tag use, gen rotor, datewheel obviously, gen crown and all gen hands. Oh and gen bracelet. Looks awesome.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
You can swap them without problems.
I have swapped rep/gen rotors many times, the screws have always been compatible.

the_derv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/13
I would like a gen rotor for my Aquaracer 500m as my rep one is scruffy. Where can I source this please, any ideas?

Regards

Ben

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
I would like a gen rotor for my Aquaracer 500m as my rep one is scruffy. Where can I source this please, any ideas?

Regards

Ben

I will pm you my Tag Heuer Genuine parts supplier details.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
I will pm you my Tag Heuer Genuine parts supplier details.

Bro, how come you're not a VIP???? You're an asset to the place and you're always helping out....

Bloody hell - i'll shout you an upgrade if you like....