• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Explorer II 42mm White Dial from Ryan..

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Just got my New Explorer II 42mm White Dial from Ryan..

Excellent communication and rapid shipment as always. Ryan is the man.

From Qc pics , the lume application looked a little messy..
But in person it looks excellent.

This watch is a beauty, very unique.

Unfortunately the clasp -mine- is not up to its good reputation.
Feels a little rough and the clip doesnt close smoothly.

I ve noticed that the Explorer II's clasp is different from the Gmt's and the Sub's.. Looks like it has a mechanism on the main bracket of the clasp.

My main concern on this watch, is that the crown -looks like- it does not screw all the way in.. Is this happening to all Explorer's?
And might this cause a waterproofness problem?

Look at the pics and tell me your opinion, or show me yours please.
Also dont you think the inner clasp "Rolex marking" is a little sloppy?

View attachment 22648
View attachment 22649
View attachment 22650
View attachment 22651
bezadysy.jpg

Thanks,

D.

sardonix

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/10
My advice, forget a minute about those anal things.
ENJOY the watch!

straycat

Renowned Member
27/11/12
Mine is from Ryan as well. Awesome TD to deal with. The only thing that bugs me is the space on the deployment clasp. Yours appear to have the same thing. Other than that the watch is beautiful.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
My advice, forget a minute about those anal things.
ENJOY the watch!

ANSOFCUKINGLUTELY. Enjoy it, and no matter what everyone says, as long as YOU are happy to wear it. All the best buddy. Oh, this is my next purchase lol ;-)

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
crown does look like it's not screwed down all the way. stem could be too long.
as for the bad looking black engraving. rub most of the black crap out with a cape cod cloth and then do the clasp paint mod you'll find in the 4P link in my signature.

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
Explorer clasp gap fix

Mine is from Ryan as well. Awesome TD to deal with. The only thing that bugs me is the space on the deployment clasp. Yours appear to have the same thing. Other than that the watch is beautiful.

I've got the same gap in the clasp on my Explorer. I noticed it when I got the watch about 6 weeks ago, but it didn't really bother me, but here's a way to fix it.
Before
View attachment 22671

Get a small piece of tape, I used 2 layers of first aid tape, lift up on the clasp and place the tape underneath as shown
View attachment 22673

Trim the excess
View attachment 22674

After
View attachment 22676

straycat

Renowned Member
27/11/12

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Damn! that's really slick. I just gave you reputation points for that. :)

I've got the same gap in the clasp on my Explorer. I noticed it when I got the watch about 6 weeks ago, but it didn't really bother me, but here's a way to fix it.
Before
View attachment 22671

Get a small piece of tape, I used 2 layers of first aid tape, lift up on the clasp and place the tape underneath as shown
View attachment 22673

Trim the excess
View attachment 22674

After
View attachment 22676

MARK746

28/10/12
BC, Canada
Thanks guys, that's nice to hear, I'm going to epoxy a thin metal shim in place of the tape, piece of a feeler gauge should be perfect, and wont fall out when it gets wet.

brtrep

Horology Curious
1/7/13
How did this pan out? Did you indeed end up using the feeler gauge? ~TIA

peppe1019

5/8/12
Looks nice but there is one thing i dont get, everyone is so anal with these reps yet the most glaring tell the ichs noone cares about. If you dont care about that than why should all the other little miniscule defects bother you.

wepiii

18/12/12
Looks nice but there is one thing i dont get, everyone is so anal with these reps yet the most glaring tell the ichs noone cares about. If you dont care about that than why should all the other little miniscule defects bother you.

Ichs?

rosbel141417

Known Member
27/9/12
Last week i receive mine from tony and the crown dont close at all 2 ..this affect for waterproof?

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
The crown on mine is not hugging the case. I've gone over the watch w/ silicone and it has been fine swimming. They are twin lock like gen, not trip lock, there is no 3rd gasket @ the case area, so as long as the two o-rings in the crown and tube are present it should be plenty water tight. Several ways to find out. :)

The bracelet on mine is the best i've ever seen/felt. My clasp and etchings are all perfect though. Maybe there were other runs, and they quality wasn't the same?

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
Are these gen construction? About to place an order for a black dial and want to put a gen crystal, tube, and crown.