• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch for my mom

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
getting a watch for my mom

I started buying replicas when I was in highschool in the early 90's. I never had a decent one until about 5 years ago. My first one was an all gold president. It was automatic and did work quite well, but it turned my wrist green, literally. It worked well for a couple of years until I dropped it changing into my baseball uniform one day after school. During that time period I bought my mom a two tone battery operated datejust. She still has the watch and it still works great. and the gold is still in good condition surprisingly. ANyway, she just got engaged a couple weeks ago and I decided to get her a new quality rep now since I've found this site and sort of know what I'm doing. lol. I was showing her some reps online the other night and she picked one that she absolutely loves. I emailed tony at asian7750 to see if he could get ahold of it. He wrote back fast and said that he could. I am really excited. I'm not really into gold these days, but it is what she likes. and I do think it is elegant. So putting in my second order soon. Here is the watch she is getting. It is the swiss ETA 2671 movement, That is the only movement that is available for this watch. I'm not too familiar with this movement. I've done a little reading on it. So if anyone has any concerns let me know. Otherwise I'm going to order it tomorrow. Thanks again for all the great help guys.
rolex-datejust-18ct-69069-ro7344.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
most women don't want to fiddle around with automatic watches. some type of a quartz model might be better.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
+1 on the quartz...

Where is the pic of your mom we need to watch out for?

egroegart

1/7/13
OMG, you guys are terrible. lmfao. :spank:

I suggested a quartz, but she is dead set on the automatic.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
+1 on the quartz...

Where is the pic of your mom we need to watch out for?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one wondering that. :popcorn:

Wait.....

I think I hear her coming now....

What does she have for us?

Which is it going to be!!!??!!

Cake before bed?????

A new GameBoy????

WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

a_hard_choice_01.gif

IT'S MULTIPLE CHOICE THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jaw::woot:

egroegart

1/7/13
I agree on the quartz, but she is dead set on the automatic. She wants the women's day date yg, just like the one I'm getting my dad except it has ruby's at 12, 3, 6, and 9 and then diamonds in between those. I will start another review thread on this one when I order it. I sent Tony a pic of the watch she wants because it was not on his website, and unbelievably he said he can get it. He is very resourceful and an excellent dealer. I have to save up a little because I just ordered my dad the men's president. So hers will be next month probably.

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
Your mom's nice. My mother would kill me if I got her a rep LOL.

12355276063002.jpg

Most expensive watch I've bought to date and it was for my mother lol.