• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pic, am I being to picky?

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
yea, that H is buggered.

Circle it in MSpaint or whatever and send it back to your TD explaining the issue and ask for a better watch or another pic

xquisitor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/13
Thanks to everyone, even those that say I should accept, there are several pics of this model and each has different what I would call minor flaws, mainly the number markers, and if the "H" was ok I would have accepted this watch even though to me the cyclops does look to far right, but most of the pics of this model/line the cyclops looks to far right (but not on all, some look better) but I would have lived with that....if it really is to far right.

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
"...toss it out" code for, swap it for a model without a damaged dial, replace the dial at the fac and sell that watch another day. I'm sure the better TD's do something similar each week.

Toss it out? Do you think that they will just toss out a dial (after having put in labour and resources) because it has a tiny scractch on it?
If you don't buy it, somebody else will, even at a "reduced" price.

We are not talking about a giant Rolex company here that makes 900%+ and therefore HAS to make sure everything is perfect in order to justify and keep their reputation. These guys have to sell anything they have.

OP If the H bothers you THAT much, ask for another one, you might find another tiny flaw, or, if you're unlucky a bigger one... and when you finally accept the QC picture and receive the watch... you might see a flaw you hadn't initially noticed and it might bug you so much you'll wish you'd accepted the first one!
In a way it's good that we are anal about things like this, as it might force the factory to up standards. But we've got to be realistic about what we are dealing with here.
This is an underground game, and we need to adjust expectations accordingly!

It's up to you, a bit of a gamble really, but if I were in your shoes I'd accept it.

That H is really NOT going to make the watch look less expensive or amazing on your wrist.

Just my opinion though.

Good luck!

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
I would refuse it for two reasons; I think the h looks bad enough to be an issue. When you go to resell this you're going to take a hit on it since EVERYONE is going to have a problem with the h when it comes time for them to possibly buy it.