• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who wants to franken an AP? Here are the parts !

Karlos

Known Member
21/6/13
Cheers, so who's got ideas on how to mod the rep hands I'm guessing filling the holes up with some sort of resin and then re broach the hands? I think I read somewhere the rep hands tube sizes are bigger then Lwo 283 pinions? but don't quote me on that!

Karlos

Known Member
21/6/13
BUMP anyone tell me more about these two gears that are mentioned above this is the first time I have been told about them??

Mr. Doug

Known Member
17/4/13
Correct. Those gears make it so you don't have to monkey with the hands. Or, so I've been told.

I have two Franken-ROO builds I'm doing right now. Domi has one, I bought the other project from Edgematic. I need to find someone to re-position the crown on the case for me (locally I hope) so it'll fit the LWO movement. That's the only missing piece for me right now.

Mr. Doug

Known Member
17/4/13
CousinsUK.com has the parts. You need to hunt for them, but that's where I got mine.

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
Just bought a Donor watch with working LWO283 movement in it . Hope all things turn out fine , cant wait to get it.. Frankened AP here i come !

Pratt

24/4/13
Heard from someone that I could use a LWO on a Rep RBII dial, and the date window will look just nice. I wonder if its true?

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Heard from someone that I could use a LWO on a Rep RBII dial, and the date window will look just nice. I wonder if its true?

Ryan has a RBII with lwo movement fitted

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12

AFAIK, the date wouldn't align well. It'll be to the left a bit.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

Mr. Doug

Known Member
17/4/13
Good luck! It's a long road (that some of us are still traveling on) but the end-result should be worth it.

I SHOULD have mine back from Domi in 3-4 weeks, so I'm waiting patiently. I have a second one that I need to have the crown re-drilled on before I can fit the LWO movement in it. Already have the case and back milled/thinned. One last piece, and I should be in business.

Sidenote: Anybody know someone in the USA that can modify the case a little more for me? I don't want to try it on my own, and really want to make sure I don't ruin an otherwise great case.

Pratt

24/4/13
someone please tell me not to bring this gem apart..

P1030131_zps6f1dff52.jpg
P1030132_zps23c9ea5b.jpg

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Kill it already!
Mine's going to be a victim of the same treatment shortly.....

Pratt

24/4/13
Kill it already!
Mine's going to be a victim of the same treatment shortly.....

post your updates ! im still admiring the tag heuer .. waiting for the mid case from shaidx..