• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610LV with black bezel - pic request

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Okay the Noob c-Sub bracelet endlinks don't seem to fit the Noob 16610 and LV cases. But the clasp is compatible. It's weird as it definitely improves the balance and overall feel of the watch - once I get my black bezel insert swapped in I'll make this my daily beater.

Photo14-07-2012073819.jpg

Photo14-07-2012073851.jpg

Photo14-07-2012073901.jpg

Photo14-07-2012073912.jpg

Photo14-07-2012073812.jpg

Oh and the links probably need polishing to match the clasp. Does anyone know of a decent source of Noob bezel inserts? Apparently Reg doesn't have any in stock :-(

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

If you allow me to give my humble opinion, I would do the opposite.

...Instead of polishing the sidelinks of the bracelet, I´d brush the sides of the clasp to give it more of a tool look. Just pay attention to the strokes to keep them similar. But also I see no problem in leaving it as it is right now, since the original OysterLock clasp (non-Glide) is polished on its sides too, and it matches the sides of the case. Watch is still well balanced in looks from my point of view. It all depends on your personal choice and taste, how you like them more.. :)

About the insert, go for a WatchMaterial one and you will never regret it - apart from the shipping price if you live outside CONUS. But it´s the best insert to date for the noob Subs, pearl-wise =)

Cheers,
Spirit.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
If you allow me to give my humble opinion, I would do the opposite.

...Instead of polishing the sidelinks of the bracelet, I´d brush the sides of the clasp to give it more of a tool look. Just pay attention to the strokes to keep them similar. But also I see no problem in leaving it as it is right now, since the original OysterLock clasp (non-Glide) is polished on its sides too, and it matches the sides of the case. Watch is still well balanced in looks from my point of view. It all depends on your personal choice and taste, how you like them more.. :)

About the insert, go for a WatchMaterial one and you will never regret it - apart from the shipping price if you live outside CONUS. But it´s the best insert to date for the noob Subs, pearl-wise =)

Cheers,
Spirit.

Good point mate. I may just leave it as it is and see how it goes. As for the inserts - unfortunately I'm non-CONUS (U.K.) so the WM shipping is out of the question. I've got access to a spare black bezel insert so that'll give me an alternative - there's a few gen LV owners on RWF who seem to swap their inserts over on a regular basis. I'd love to see one of their faces when someone tries to call them out for having a maxi dial with a black aluminium bezel :biglaugh:

As for the 'tuna can' flip lock clasp - there's no way I'd pay £3K+ for a gen Sub and be happy with using that every day. I'm use to gen Omegas and the clasps on these are very solid.

SecretAgentMan

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/12
They want $75 for shipping international.......are they on crack? Why so much to ship an insert.......doesn't bother me since I'm conus but how about a giving our brothers in arms outside conus a break.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
They want $75 for shipping international.......are they on crack? Why so much to ship an insert.......doesn't bother me since I'm conus but how about a giving our brothers in arms outside conus a break.

Tell me about it. I'd rather they just stated 'No International Shipping'. Crazy