• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beats By Dre Reps?

dozer008

22/4/13
I have searched but the search feature is rather off when it comes to searching smaller words.

Anyway how many people own the rep Beats by dre from Toro. I am going on a trip pretty soon and am looking for something besides skull candys. I had a pair of real beats only to have the cord break so it would probably be the last time I invested in the real product. They only lasted 5 months. Anyways. Let me know whats you think and thanks in advance.

trans_lux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/09
I have searched but the search feature is rather off when it comes to searching smaller words.

Anyway how many people own the rep Beats by dre from Toro. I am going on a trip pretty soon and am looking for something besides skull candys. I had a pair of real beats only to have the cord break so it would probably be the last time I invested in the real product. They only lasted 5 months. Anyways. Let me know whats you think and thanks in advance.

I'd go for something gen as I don't think the reps sound very good and the battery life sucks-bought 4 prs. for my kids. The in-ear reps were even worse and made your ear itch! Get something from Sennheiser. You won't be disappointed. Lots of choices. These look interesting.
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/audio-headset-smart-phones-stereo-hifi-closed-hd-219s

Spyderhawker

27/9/12
Yes! Sennheiser is the only audio company I will ever do business with again. My $30 Sennheiser CX300 In-Ear headphones are at least 90% as good (and infinitely more practical) as my $400 Beats Pro that I have since parted with.

Can't even imagine how nice their over-ear's are.

Cadmito

20/3/11
Yes, please get something real and not Beats. Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Grados, etc.

limpwristed

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/11/11
jw8.png

You only get what you pay for? well thats what my daughter told me when i got these two for her

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
I'd go for something gen as I don't think the reps sound very good and the battery life sucks-bought 4 prs. for my kids. The in-ear reps were even worse and made your ear itch! Get something from Sennheiser. You won't be disappointed. Lots of choices. These look interesting.
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/audio-headset-smart-phones-stereo-hifi-closed-hd-219s

Sennheiser has the best customer service and support that I've ever received from a company. Hands now.

I imagine that Beats reps are for people who want the look but don't care about the sound quality.

TQDG

9/3/12
Anything by Sennheiser, or AudioTechnica ATH-M50S. Beats are not great, rep Beats will sound like playing telephone with soup tins and twine.

dozer008

22/4/13
Sennheiser very good specs as I am doing research. Beats are trying to be like bose and not post the specs of the headphone so to dig a little deeper I went to cnet to compare actual specs. Sennheiser 1/4 of the price with better specs. I suppose beats paying for the name and the commercials for lebron james. Thanks fellas

nycgtr

Renowned Member
18/4/12
Don't buy rep beats unless they sound better than gen beats , which sound like trash. Go to headfi and read up on MUCH better cans for the same price range.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
Just like our reps watches look like the real deal but the guts are different I have to assume the same is true for headphones. If you don't care for quality but want to make a point if wearing beats then go for it. Otherwise I wouldn't want them personally

D

d4m.test

I purchased a decent set of rep Dr. Dres from Price Angels. They're acceptable in tonal quality, but they LOOK great.

dave

dutchwatch

1/7/12
Got a pair of Beats Solo and Studio. Got them from Dealextreme. They were in the upper price range. They sound and look great.

Solo broke after a while. Funnily enough the same way as happens with the gen as seen in a mediastore.