• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Milgauss Rep dying 5 mins after winding

djres

Horology Curious
13/6/13
I have just purchased the Rolex Milgauss about 2 weeks ago. it dies 5mins after I take it off of the winder, sometimes dies on the winder. it is suppose to have the Swiss ETA movement and calibrated to the rolex 3131. when ifirst got it, I would wind it, the movement is really jerky. after about an hour the movement was smooth.
any help???
thanks

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Who did you purchase it from? And I'm sorry I don't understand what your saying? Without the winder is it running fine?

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
Does it run fine while you're wearing it? If it does it means that you've set the wrong TPD on the winder.

djres

Horology Curious
13/6/13
it will stop even if I'm wearing it. if feels like the weight is sticking or is stuck. I have a couple of Gens and you can feel the weight move as you move the watch. I got it from Andrew over at trusty time. he was a trusted dealer on RWG. the buying process was really smooth and he kept in contact with me the whole time. I'm NOT saying he is selling bad watches but I have only had this watch for 11 days and it isn't working correctly.

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
Could be the auto winder issue. Does it stop if you hand wind it?

We can't help you with TT here but you can probably return it or have it repaired locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
Have you tried winding it manually?

Are you confident enough to open the back and see if the rotor is loose, and whether the screw that should be holding the rotor on is floating about inside the movement?

Do you have access to a rep-friendly watchsmith?

Locknload

22/3/13
Would also LOVE to see that "swiss" movement that I am sure Andrew was nice enough to let you pay more for.

Isn't this the second TT watch complaint in the last week?

djres

Horology Curious
13/6/13
When I manually wind it it works. the movement is smooth looks alot like the roxlex 3131 movement. when I first got it the movement was really jerky.

Does anyone know any rep friendly repair shops in LA namely the Pasadena/Glendale area? I should have used the Trusted Deals on this Forum... Andrew was really good on communication.

Luthier

30/9/09
Sure, he's good in communications - it's his the only job. He is a dropshipper.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Lotta people with no idea what the definition of the word "dropshipping" is round these parts.

OP - Andrew will take care of you, you can either ship it back and they will repair it, or you can usually convince him to give you a little money towards a local repair. Don't get worried, there's just bad blood here with him, it doesn't mean he screws over his customers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
For reference

drop shipment
- noun 1. shipment of goods made directly from the manufacturer to the retailer or consumer but billed through the wholesaler or distributor

I have had watches arrive from Andrew in one box, from multiple makers. That means he has "employees" not that he "drop ships"

Other big tds have employees as well, some of whom are tds on this forum. There's nothing shady about that.

Btw Luthier, you're the one always screaming about there not being a "cartel" factory. There would have to be one in order for Andrew and Josh to drop ship.

Luthier

30/9/09
Didn't get it. What factory?
And about dropshipping - if the dealer never touch the watch - he IS a dropshipper. I don't give a fakin' fly, how many people Cartel has in China - they are NOT a dealers.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Didn't get it. What factory?
And about dropshipping - if the dealer never touch the watch - he IS a dropshipper. I don't give a fakin' fly, how many people Cartel has in China - they are NOT a dealers.

Not according to the english language.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Lotta people with no idea what the definition of the word "dropshipping" is round these parts.

OP - Andrew will take care of you, you can either ship it back and they will repair it, or you can usually convince him to give you a little money towards a local repair. Don't get worried, there's just bad blood here with him, it doesn't mean he screws over his customers.

The same dick licker telling people that Noobfactory is closing ? Where's the FC Diver he promised months ago ?

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
The same dick licker telling people that Noobfactory is closing ? Where's the FC Diver he promised months ago ?

Undercutting his competition doesn't mean he steals from his customers and you know it. People who have asked for a refund on that watch have gotten it, and promptly.

Yes, they tell lies about NF to try and direct business to their suppliers. I'm not going to debate the ethics of Chinese criminals. I don't really expect much.

I order watches from Andrew because he answers emails promptly, understands English, and takes care of problems when they arise.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Oh, because none of the Trusted Dealers here speak English and do that ? Yet, no one here lies to noobs about factories closing. Please. Take your shilling for the Cartel somewhere else. They are drop shippers and NOT Trusted Dealers here with good reason.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Oh, because none of the Trusted Dealers here speak English and do that ? Yet, no one here lies to noobs about factories closing. Please. Take your shilling for the Cartel somewhere else. They are drop shippers and NOT Trusted Dealers here with good reason.

Because your experience with the dealers who are listed as TD's here is all sunshine and roses man? I seem to recall some pretty harsh things coming from you about one of them recently over a ltd edition AP fiasco.

Look, I don't care if anyone here orders anything from Andrew - I have an extensive collection of PM's and posts to prove that where people ask me about a watch I have and my reply is

"I bought it from Andrew @ TrustyTime but he's not a trusted dealer here, only on some other forums - just send the picture to one of the TD's here and they will get it for you"

Zero interesting in drumming up business for anyone - I was pointing out 2 things

#1 - That the OP should not panic despite what everyone here is saying, because Andrew isn't going to steal from him and if there's a problem with the watch, it will get taken care of. (Which seems to be a bit more helpful than what everyone else was doing)

#2 - Point out that the word "dropship" has a definition, and it's not the one people are tossing around. People don't like them and that's fine, but at least be honest in the criticism. There is plenty of honest criticism to be had.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
They are drop shippers. There is nothing to discuss about that.

As far as "harsh" words towards a TD here. That is correct. But I can give you 5 other dealers off the top of my head that I've dealt with and never have issues. Even with the one I criticized , he would never be stupid enough to tell people that " the Noobfactory is closing ". That kind of mis-information should get them thrown off other sites. They are bold faced liars.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
The lying is shady as shit, I do not disagree. But it seems rep forums have been putting up with lies like that from dealers for years "Swiss" , "Waterproofing", "Full movement service" , etc. Lying to sell a slightly less accurate PAM to someone seems less shady than lying to charge them 120$ for literally nothing, so in that light I can see why it's tolerated.