• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2836-2 Vs DG2813 Movement Questions

Black Magic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/13
Hey guys,

I bought a watch and was under the impression it was a 2836-2 Clone movement, however I have just been told by a watchmaker that it is actually a DG2813 and not a clone. The watch was originally purchased from TT.

Can any of you guys identify this movement for me and give me an opinion as to what one would pay for a replacement of each movement.

Thanks guys
IMG_8902_zps45160163.jpg

Black Magic

18/1/13
The piece is indeed an SMP and was bought from M2M (Catch & Release) so I'm somewhat stuck with it. I have been quoted $140 to replace the 21J movement due to a faulty date wheel but figure there's no point if a new watch is the same cost.

Fair enough I understand that dealers might not know the product they are receiving is actually an inferior movement, perhaps the factory is trying to pull a fast one. Nonetheless any dealer would have been able to tell right away this was a low beat once the timegrapher was hooked up. Suffice it to say I will not be purchasing from TT.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
The piece is indeed an SMP and was bought from M2M (Catch & Release) so I'm somewhat stuck with it. I have been quoted $140 to replace the 21J movement due to a faulty date wheel but figure there's no point if a new watch is the same cost.

Fair enough I understand that dealers might not know the product they are receiving is actually an inferior movement, perhaps the factory is trying to pull a fast one. Nonetheless any dealer would have been able to tell right away this was a low beat once the timegrapher was hooked up. Suffice it to say I will not be purchasing from TT.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

From M2M? mind linking us to the sales thread?
Btw the dealer will be able to tell even without hooking it up on the timegrapher, its pretty obvious actually.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
buy a new 2813 for like $25 and swap it yourself.

gazza

23/12/12
Could one not say that maybe the M2M seller swapped out the movement??? Nevertheless, I would hope the seller would make it right if it was sold with wrong movement listed?? Mistakes due happen!! Good luck

Black Magic

18/1/13
From M2M? mind linking us to the sales thread?
Btw the dealer will be able to tell even without hooking it up on the timegrapher, its pretty obvious actually.

It was over on RWG about a month ago. I've never had an ETA Clone so not sure how they feel, I've got 5x 7750's which funnily enough all feel very different and a few 21J's & 23J's which also all feel different.

buy a new 2813 for like $25 and swap it yourself.

I wouldn't know where to start but might give it a try :D:

Could one not say that maybe the M2M seller swapped out the movement??? Nevertheless, I would hope the seller would make it right if it was sold with wrong movement listed?? Mistakes due happen!! Good luck

The seller has already made good on the sale, this thread is about the movement and subsequently directed towards the dealer.:ninjagone:

huntergreene

23/5/13
I have a new DG2813 I got on the bay from a German guy. Cost all of 35 bucks shipped to Canada. There's a ton of info on these that may help you change it out yourself.