• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A bobcat and an Explorer 2 meet

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Thought I would show my new explorer 2 to our bobcat Benji. He wasn't too excited, and just wanted to be petted and fed. I have taken thousands of pictures and videos of him, so I know how hard it is to get him to do a pre staged photo. This was not an easy task trying to get a watch in the picture with a crazy bobcat trying to jump on your head and eat the camera. lol. but I got a few.

Benji is 2 years old and a full blooded bobcat. We have volunteered at an exotic animal sanctuary for the last 10 years and just fell in love with bocats. Benji is a wonderful little guy. He lives in the house with us and also has a large outdoor enclosure that he can go in and out of whenever he wants. Here's my youtube page if anyone is interested in seeing any of our videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/egroegartfart

Here's the pics. It didn't get off to a good start because I woke him up, and he wasn't too happy about that.
9278826009_a818805ba7_c.jpg

If he could talk it probably would have been something like this......"you woke me up, and this better be good"
9278825885_d3b94b3dec_c.jpg

"You're going to have to pet me before I look at anything"
9278825837_e2197228d1_c.jpg

"So that's it huh?"
9278825781_56fe4761ab_c.jpg

I think it got his approval
9278825727_0e98635f68_c.jpg

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Very nice. Watch looks good too.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Very cool ! And thanks for the Vid share. I love the one where hes playing with the dog

egroegart

1/7/13
Thanks guys. Yes Radave, he and the rottie are best friends. They play and play hard everyday. I know I am biased because he is our bobcat, but I've been around a lot of bobcats, and Benji is one special cat. Yes, he has his wild moments, that's to be expected, but he loves to be held, most bobcats you cannot pick up. He takes naps with us on the couch, just curled up in your chest. We hand feed him a lot of times, or he just steals our food. lol. He is very intelligent and very protective of us, a lot like a dog.

Luthier

30/9/09
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the pictures, I really enjoyed.
Videos are great too, thanks again!!!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thanks guys. Yes Radave, he and the rottie are best friends. They play and play hard everyday. I know I am biased because he is our bobcat, but I've been around a lot of bobcats, and Benji is one special cat. Yes, he has his wild moments, that's to be expected, but he loves to be held, most bobcats you cannot pick up. He takes naps with us on the couch, just curled up in your chest. We hand feed him a lot of times, or he just steals our food. lol. He is very intelligent and very protective of us, a lot like a dog.

Youve been blessed with an angel with paws !!!

egroegart

1/7/13
Thanks again, yes, he really is special. This is one of my favorite videos of him with my fiancee Michelle. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgvmmTpY2s&feature=share&list=TLKhbdVJSxXv8"]A bobcat at the dinner table - YouTube[/ame] As far as Benji knows Michelle is his mother. We have raised him since he was 4 weeks old with a bottle every two hours around the clock. To this day he still follows her around like a puppy dog

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
bobcat.....

Fascinating videos........saved them in my favorites.......something to watch you won't find anywhere. Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

FrenchBully

22/6/13
USA
Gorgeous cat, thanks for sharing. In that last pic he looks like he's hungry for a rollie.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
aren't these cats wild?

or lotsa training needed for domestication?

nice exp2 reminded me that I need in white dial

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
So cool, just watched a few of your videos with my wife, and she asked, what is the breed of deer? in the one video?

egroegart

1/7/13
Jsizzie, yes, they are a wild cat that is prominent mostly in the U.S., but does live in other countries. A bobcat that lives in the wild will want nothing to do with humans. They will usually hide when humans are around. If they feel cornered or threatened they will attack. But a bobcat that is raised in captivity willl love humans. Benji doesn't know any different. We are his family. Yes, it takes a lot of training. Before we got him we had about 8 years of experience with exotics at the sanctuary that we volunteer at. It is nothing like raising a domestic animal. and can be very frustrating at times, and honestly downright scary too, to be honest. But we know what he is capable of and we respect that, but we are always aware. THe only animals that are above bobcats on the food chain in the U.S. are bears, wolves, and cougars.

THanks SSteel. She is a muntjac deer. They are the oldest living deer species in the world dating back 35 million years. Benji and her were raised together and we got them both the same week. They love each other and are together 24 hours a day. It is truly amazing that we have predator and prey living together like this. We know something could happen, and we are always aware, but there has never been a chance to worry yet. But bobcats regularly take down prey like deer that are several times their size in the wild. BUt from my experience with bobcats, any animal that they are raised with they will always get along with. I have friends that raised theirs with hamsters and they get along.

egroegart

1/7/13
One of his favorite toys is the slinky. He loves it. Just took these this morning. He can jump very high, and this shows how tall he is. He is very skinny right now and about 30 pounds. Bobcats don't eat very much in the summer, but in the winter they gorge themselves. This winter he was over 40 pounds.
Looks like Air Jordan
9286664460_83a6a792e9_c.jpg

9286657608_cfa8f1528b_c.jpg

9286657488_64bd07c2c7_c.jpg

9286657124_2526c674fb_c.jpg

Here's a short video of it too
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwjJv5M3nzI&feature=share&list=UUOWMu6kQgYHoBHn576WAeDA"]Bobcat loves slinky - YouTube[/ame]

The boys played this game with him for quite awhile this morning. As soon as they were done Benji went outside and layed down in his cave to take a nap. I went out and filmed this. Really just to get the explorer in the movie. lol. Here it is. You can see how it is hard to photograph and trying to keep him still. He's constantly moving around. He jumps up on my shoulder just a few seconds into the movie. Enjoy.
http://youtu.be/2YcJ9giedGo

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Cool, that's a cat I'd tolerate!
Trailie doesn't like domestic cats, at all.

egroegart

1/7/13
Thanks, one of the reasons I have always loved bobcats is that they are such a fierce hunter and take down prey that are many times their size. They take down 200 pound deer with ease, even coyotes don't have much of a chance unless they are in a pack. They put up a pretty good fight with a wolf, and can fight off the golden eagle, which is actually one of the top predators in the world. Although he gets along very well with our 120 pound Rottweiler he has gotten mad a few times at him and taken him down to the ground with a bite hold death grip on his neck. The rottie submits immeditely. The rottie knows Benji is much more powerful than he. Being only 30 to 40 pounds a bobcat is one powerful cat. Even when wrestling with us he can take us down to the ground easily. Although he does play more gentler with us, but sometimes gets carried away.

Best Replica In USA

18/1/12
They take down humans too...

I think there should be a warning here, these are wild animals. No matter what.

I it fir everyone, especially the I e's thinking, oh I want one...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2