• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Critique this rep

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I moved this from the introduction section. I bought a cheaper replica. I don't even know what the movement is on it. I've been reading on the forum other threads where people critique a replica. I know this datejust is a cheap model. I paid less than 100 bucks for it, and of course I ordered it before I found this site so I didn't know about trusted dealers. I know some basic things to look for and I've found some details that are sub par on this watch. I was wondering if any of you just by looking at the pics can pick anything out? I am surprised with how it keeps time though. It runs for 2 days after I manually wind it and keeps absolute perfect time, but in two days it dies and I have to manually wind it again. I don't really mind that though. I just ordered a few days ago the explorer 2 from Tony at Asian7750 after finding him in the trusted dealers section. Tony said with my new watch it will just keep on running with the motion like a Rolex. Also, does anyone know if I can take it to my watch repair man and have him adjust something so the one I have runs like it should? or do you think that's just the way it is going to be with this watch? From reading other posts I don't know if I even want to mess with it. Maybe just leave it like it is. Thanks in advance again. In one way I am very happy to have found this site. Your guys info has been very educating, but on the other hand it's horrible because now I want to get more and more after seeing some of your collections. They are amazing.

Here are some pics of my 99 dollar datejust.
9226857516_cfbf4c8f96_c.jpg

9224071581_4f2b24af9b_c.jpg

9224071517_9a888cc0a1_c.jpg

9224071445_cdf3686e36_c.jpg

9224071383_4228ca5437_c.jpg

9224071337_c107d4f948_c.jpg

9224071233_ef45965508_c.jpg

There are no markings on it. The company advertised that there were, and their pictures showed the markings, but mine doesn't have any of them. It was supposed to be a datejust, but the dial says "Explorer" lol. No etchings or serial numbers, and the bars and numbers are not the neatest. I didn't clean the watch before taking the pics, and this was the first time I used macro on my camera, so sorry about the quality, but if anyone has any critiques let me know. Thank you.

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
dude thats an explorer not a date just... datejust has just that

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
The only Gen Rolex like that is a vintage "albino" explorer. They are also smooth bezel. To my knowledge no Gen Rolex like that ever existed.

RolexExplorerWhiteDial-2.jpg

egroegart

1/7/13
I wasn't aware that rolex ever made an Explorer with a fluted bezel. I had just thought this was a Datejust, like I ordered, but they put the wrong dial on it like I said above in my post

razorblade

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/12
The only Gen Rolex like that is a vintage "albino" explorer. They are also smooth bezel. To my knowledge no Gen Rolex like that ever existed.

RolexExplorerWhiteDial-2.jpg
+1. Have never seen an explorer with a fluted bezel.

egroegart

1/7/13
Thanks guys. I was posting my above reply while you were posting. Yes, I have never seen an explorer with the fluted Bezel. Like I said in my original post I think they put the wrong dial on it because it is not an explorer.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Look like a nice fantasy model. Why take it to a watchsmith? Just leave it as is. If the movement crapped out, get a cheap 21j and have your watchsmith install it.

egroegart

1/7/13
Yes, I really don't think I will take it to anyone to have it worked on. The movement is nice actually. I just have to manually wind it every two days. i don't really mind doing that.

I am going nuts watching the tracking on my new explorer 2 from Tony. It seems like it takes forever to go from one place to another. I have nothing but great things to say about Tony at Asian7750. He responded very fast to my emails and sent out my watch fast too. The postal system is slow though. I think I'm just anxious to get it.

barth

5/10/12
Fantasy model, but still looks good for the bucks spent. Wear it well ;)

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
Agree. I wouldn't spend more money taking it to the Watchsmith!
Soon you will have a gorgeous expl. II on your wrist and you will pretty much forget all about your old watch! :)

Don't worry about the tracking system!
Things indeed move slowly, but they do move! I was the same waiting for my first PAM!! Took 10 days!

Enjoy your watch and welcome!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's a datejust case with a fantasy explorer dial. It will be a 21j movement that a watchsmith could replace for about $30 + labour costs.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Could this be one of Egro's first posts? Is this were it all started???

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I moved this from the introduction section. I bought a cheaper replica. I don't even know what the movement is on it. I've been reading on the forum other threads where people critique a replica. I know this datejust is a cheap model. I paid less than 100 bucks for it, and of course I ordered it before I found this site so I didn't know about trusted dealers. I know some basic things to look for and I've found some details that are sub par on this watch. I was wondering if any of you just by looking at the pics can pick anything out? I am surprised with how it keeps time though. It runs for 2 days after I manually wind it and keeps absolute perfect time, but in two days it dies and I have to manually wind it again. I don't really mind that though. I just ordered a few days ago the explorer 2 from Tony at Asian7750 after finding him in the trusted dealers section. Tony said with my new watch it will just keep on running with the motion like a Rolex. Also, does anyone know if I can take it to my watch repair man and have him adjust something so the one I have runs like it should? or do you think that's just the way it is going to be with this watch? From reading other posts I don't know if I even want to mess with it. Maybe just leave it like it is. Thanks in advance again. In one way I am very happy to have found this site. Your guys info has been very educating, but on the other hand it's horrible because now I want to get more and more after seeing some of your collections. They are amazing.

Here are some pics of my 99 dollar datejust.
9226857516_cfbf4c8f96_c.jpg

9224071581_4f2b24af9b_c.jpg

9224071517_9a888cc0a1_c.jpg

9224071445_cdf3686e36_c.jpg

9224071383_4228ca5437_c.jpg

9224071337_c107d4f948_c.jpg

9224071233_ef45965508_c.jpg

There are no markings on it. The company advertised that there were, and their pictures showed the markings, but mine doesn't have any of them. It was supposed to be a datejust, but the dial says "Explorer" lol. No etchings or serial numbers, and the bars and numbers are not the neatest. I didn't clean the watch before taking the pics, and this was the first time I used macro on my camera, so sorry about the quality, but if anyone has any critiques let me know. Thank you.